• Forum membership has its advantages....

Open Desert Instruction Experience

JESFromASC

I'll be in LasVegas 9/13-17 with some time on my hands.
Looking to find an open desert off road experience of some kind.
I did the SunBuggy thing about ten years ago and already have plenty of time in UTV's.
There are a couple of places that advertise online but one is closed and the other, "Doesn't do that any more."
Do you have a few buggies and want to rent one for a half day or a full day and go out for a ride?
Let me know.
Thanks
I'm 58 with a SCCA hillclimb license, 10+ years in race Miata, current car is a Civic Type R.

McCredie A

Maybe try Speed Vegas. They have an off road program. I know a few people involved and they have desert racing experience.

JESFromASC

Thanks - but - NOPE!
They are another one that shows it as a current option on their website but when you call its, "No."

JESFromASC

Nope!
They were bought out by LVORR and they are one of the ones that advertise it as an option but don't actually offer it.
I'm not paying $600 to drive 10 (yes that is 10) miles on an off road track.
That seems like just about the time you might really start to get a feel for things.

jon coleman

rent a jeep, buy lottsa ins. and hit the dunes, superstition, plaster city, thats what i used to do .cant believe there are No off road( desert) type driving programs

geno760

TrophyLite has a pretty bad ass off-road experience and can hold a day in the desert pretty much anywhere. We were just in Apex Az with a bunch of road racers who like to get dirty every once in a while. The weekend before in Barstow, CA. We have some info here on the website - TrophyLite House Rentals but Jason is scheduling folks all of the time so give him a call for specifics. (623)570-0474.

Attachments

TecateRay

If you want a true multi day off-road experience skip Vegas and go to Wide Open Baja. Drive real race cars through Baja. Wideopenbaja.com