Open letter regarding the Awards Ceremony @ the Primm 300

racedoc

RDC Crypto
My family attended the Primm 300 with me as did many other racers and families. We did the whole thing including tech, prerunning, pitted both races, and attended the awards for our second place finish in 5-1600. The big surprise was how few people were there at the award ceremony to celebrate ALL the racers and the podium finishers. Heck, several racers didn't even bother to show up for their FIRST place trophy/dough! It seems fitting that all the racers would attend to celebrate this awesome sport of off-road racing and to chat with our heros and fellow competitors, as well as pay respect to the winners and our promotor-without whom we would have nowhere to race/pit/watch. The awards ceremony should be the bookend to a racing weekend!

Consider attending the awards ceremony at the next race! My kids really enjoyed seeing and talking to guys like Bob Shepard. The kids are the future and if you attend the awards as a top finisher, you get to talk to the kids who are the future racers(we hope!).

outtacontrazy

RDC Crypto
My family attended the Primm 300 with me as did many other racers and families. We did the whole thing including tech, prerunning, pitted both races, and attended the awards for our second place finish in 5-1600. The big surprise was how few people were there at the award ceremony to celebrate ALL the racers and the podium finishers. Heck, several racers didn't even bother to show up for their FIRST place trophy/dough! It seems fitting that all the racers would attend to celebrate this awesome sport of off-road racing and to chat with our heros and fellow competitors, as well as pay respect to the winners and our promotor-without whom we would have nowhere to race/pit/watch. The awards ceremony should be the bookend to a racing weekend!

Consider attending the awards ceremony at the next race! My kids really enjoyed seeing and talking to guys like Bob Shepard. The kids are the future and if you attend the awards as a top finisher, you get to talk to the kids who are the future racers(we hope!).

i know alot of racers have to get back to their daily grind. most have to spend most of sunday driving home and putting the car/hauler/towrig away and get back to making money so they can race the 1000

ChuckH

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
Its always been like that, cars, bikes, MTB's, every racing sport i have done, sometimes they give out swag to keep people around and people still leave in groves, its a good way to get swag because of the great odds.