• Forum membership has its advantages....

Operation Clean Desert II

Paige

Hi All - Well we have our first meeting tonight of the OCDII planning committee, so any suggestions are welcome.

We can tell you that the date is October 20, 2001. We are already signed on with the BLM, we have already been in contact with Slash X. Desert Tool is donating another bender for this years Big raffle. And much. much more. We will keep everyone updated as we go and look for Klaus and Eric to get that website done soon.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

KTM_rad

Why don't you see if you can get some kind of Press coverage on this, since we are getting such bad publicity everywhere, let the normal folk see what we are really like !! Not just a bunch of beer drinkin', desert destroying, species killing, inconsiderate Hooligans.

Randy
CORVA Field Rep - So. Cal.
(California Off Road Vehicle Association)
AMA Member

Paige

We'll work on it Randy...meeting went well....more later

Paige

UPDATE - I had a meeting with the BLM yesterday and things are moving along with the clean up - We will be cleaning the same area near start/finish. The BLM has lost their dump priviledges - so we must try and get around that or get the dump to open up for this event or type of event, since there are so many clean ups in the desert. We will also be working with the BLM and surrounding cities to get an outreach campaign off the ground and get some radio and print coverage for this event and the work we are doing in the dez.

I must say that after my meeting with BLM Barstow recreation team, I feel confident that they ( the OHV/Rec folks) are on our side and appreciate all of our hard work, recognize the great postive work we do, are also racers, duners, enduro guys, etc., and are working to comply with the lawsuit, but keep our areas, esp open, open. I cannot speak for their bosses or others in teh BLM but the guys we have to work with are really cool.

So mark your calendars - October 20. We will begin at 8 in the am. We will be selling raffle tickets for a Desert Tool and Die Co Tube Bender at the Expo and other events we are at. i.e. the Primm and other races. We will also be holding a raffle specifically for the people that are the cleaners and you must be present to win. You don't have to be present to win the bender. The BBQ will again be at Slash X. T-Shirts are a go, we are re-designing them, but using Rory's art again. We already have a booth at the EXPO donated by the EXPO. We are working on the PR end of things as well! So there is a lot of trash out there, make sure to try and attend!!

Paige

Folks - we are now seeking sponsors for the clean up - if you or someone you know want to become a sponsor please contact me, tigger, desert chick or racingcpa.

Thanks

Jack

Isn't it weird, that this is only such a big problem in Barstow, you just don't see tons of trash were it is only desert racers (lucearn or Ridgecrest) I would think somebody would put it together that this is a problem with the local comunity and being close to a major highway easy for dumping there trash for free.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Jack, we do know that illegal dumping is the main problem in Barstow. We are trying to get that problem fixed. Until then we must do what we can to set a good image for the off road race community.

Tony

Paige

Give-away update.

I just confirmed today that our grand prize for those who come and clean will be a 3 day/ 2 night stay in Laughlin donated by Riverinfo.com our grand prizes for the purchase ticket drawing will again this year be a tube bender from Desert Tool and Die for one lucky person and for another lucky person we are also giving away a $1500 gift certificate to Donahoe Racing Enterprises!!! More prizes and gifts are coming in daily but those are our top prizes to date.

Thanks!!

Wayne_Nosala

Paige,
You can count on a showing from the CORE pit
club, Tim Lindsay brought up the cleanup at the last CORE meeting,
& I brought it up again at tonight's meeting, We are planning on
making it a club outing, including a ride Sunday.
What about the other pit clubs? Maybe some sort of pitting competition
between clubs or teams afterwards, ey?
Wayne

Paige

Good Ol' Tim - great Wayne, Look forward to seeing everyone out there!