Operation Flash point game

Cadwell

Reaction
Just picked up this game today. Back about 10 years ago I played this game on the pc and it was one of the first modern warefare games that had helicopters to fly and jeeps and tanks to drive around and the maps were huge! So before I bought it I did some online reasearch to see if it was anything like the old pc version that I loved so much and to my surprise it was much more than that. Now with COD Modern warefare and Battlefield bad company it is just run to the objective with guns blazing but with this....you have to go by the book on attacking your objective. In this game you actually have to sneak by the enemy and creep in the bushes so they don't see you I got this game 4 hours ago and I am still having a tough time getting past the second mission.

When playing you have a support guy, a medic, and another assult guy with you that you can control by telling them what to do (hold fire, return fire, move here, halt, suppress fire and so forth.) you can control vehicles and with tanks you can't do the drive and fire thing, you can be one of the four positions (driver, gunner, commander or passenger) if your not the driver you have to tell them where to move. same with helicopters you can only do one position. Another great feature is you can call in airstrikes or artillery strikes on targets with your binoculars.

one more thing about this game is the effects and map. The map is really huge (game package says over 220km with a small 2 right after the m in km. and you fight in all diffrent conditions (day, night, sunny ,cloudy,raining, thunderstorms) and you have all types of terrain. one minute you can be on he beach and after running around you can be on top of a hill calling a artillery strike on your target inland. SO far it also seems the gun firing is acurate. the further the enemy the more you have to guess the trajectory of your bullet so you might have to aim alittle high to hit your target. Another thing is use your medic to heal yourself or others in your squad or you or others will bleed out and die from your wounds. there is even a little man figure in the game that tells you how bad and where you have been hit. there is so much stuff in this game it would take forever to tell you everything so just pick it!!

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but will probably do later tonight or tomorrow, but it does have co-op play to where if you see me playing a mission you can jump in and play with me and finish it together or in other online play can fight other teams.

So in all if you love strategic games with out blazing around shooting every second and love to stratigize your attacks than I highly recommend this game.

BTW I got this for my 360 cause i heard the online play for the ps3 was way laggy so i guess it pays to pay 50 bucks a year for no online lag!!!

So in all I give this game a rating of a 10 for game play cause it is what I have always wanted in a combat game. you have to think of your attacks and plan them out and you can even search dead bodies for guns or for information. and you get to play with some cool vehicles!!!

Last edited:

Cadwell

Reaction
I do not like green eggs and ham, sam i am!!!!

peezy

Reaction
ya, i used to play the ofp elite and loved it, i need to rent the game or maybe just buy it lol, (arm broke so playing might be hard, but i will give it a try lol :D )

D4D

Reaction
The game is really good and hard as BAN ME!
I got hooked on first person war game with Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, that game is fun but lacks a lot in realism. I do tactical training and play paintball with a group of FBI guys, this game is a lot like that. You have to think and be smart instead of just running around shooting non-stop. My biggest complaint is that you have to give the rest of your team orders, if they do not follow then you are sure to get taken out and on their own they are barely helpful. I would prefer a way to play solo or make them smarter. I play on the hard setting, my son plays on easy and for some reason the team plays better and helps on the easy mode much better then on hard.

peezy

Reaction
i like it but its not like the said they were going to do. in operation flash point elite you could edit the map, make your base and put wat ever you want on the map. but i have not found away to do so. someone says you need to be modder or get files and edit codes. but wat ever

offroadracer516

Reaction
I had the original and played it for many years before the cd broke
now i play A.R.M.A. its made by the same people but just came out a few years ago its preety much
operation flashpoint 2 in all but name...

peezy

Reaction
it on 360 the arma?

glamisrnr

Reaction
got the game went to turn my PC on and didnt boot, found out I need a new CPU :( so have the game and no computer to play it on. Waiting for new CPU to come in.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
The Marine Corps uses a version of this game to teach fire team and up control. We hook up 12 computers and everyone works together on missions. You can hook up more computers if you want also. One computer controls enemies and I.A. people. Then there is another version that we use for call for fire and close air support.