Opinion?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I am in CAD class and as a project we have to draw something with three moving parts. Our teacher wants us to be able to bring the object into class and take measurements of it and then draw it in CAD. I want to do something off of a truck. Can you guys think of anything for me to do? Thanks.

That which is, cannot be that which is not except in the minds and hands of humans.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Do a crank, rod and piston..I knwo combined there are more then 3 parts with the bearings, wristpin, rings etc.. but it would be fun to draw.

I did a solid model of a working coilover w/ reservoir for a class I had similar to that.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

rdc

Reaction
but i have to bring it in to class cuz he wants us to measure it and draw it right there, and i dont have a piston. adn all that stuff. any other suggestions, thanks though i will keep that in mind.

<font color=green>That which is, cannot be that which is not except in the minds and hands</font color=green>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I beam, Radius Arm, spindle

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

rdc

Reaction
i was thinking about that, either that or desing a 4 link but he told me today that i have to bring it it and that is the hardest part cuz i want to do somethign for a truck.

<font color=green>That which is, cannot be that which is not except in the minds and hands</font color=green>

michael_loomis

Reaction
upper , lower a-arm and spindle ?

brake rotor , caliper , piston ?

rdc

Reaction
thanks for the input

evan_clanin

Reaction
what about if u brought in a modle u could do a 4 link that way, or a diecast?? just a thought

evan

rdc

Reaction
good idea