Optimas at Costco?

havahockey

Flipper
I heard that Costco sells Optima batteries for $99, but the one near me (Hawthorne) doesn't carry them. Does anyone else know if their local Costco sells them?

thanks,
Jason

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yup the one a mile from my house has them. I bought one there last week for $99 for the Red Top.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Jordan

I heard a rumor that the red top Optima batteries dont fit in the stock located on a 2000 Tacoma. Anyone? I heard you have to make a custom battery case thats higher for it to fit. ???????

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Move it to the back for more clearance and weight in the back!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

gary

i happen to work at costco, and yes, some stores do carry them, but not all. $99 a piece, for the red tops. go back to your costco, and have them look up in the computer the nearest store that has them. or gimme your location and i'll look it up for you the next chance i get...

Jordan

Which COSTCO do you work at?

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
can you hook up the discount?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

cleartoy

Relocate to the rear. It will fit great and better weight dist.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

gary

sorry, employees do not get discounts, just free membership...
lots of interesting things there, though...you can special order Baja TA's, lots of decent tools, if you're patient enuf to wait for them to drop the prices when items don't sell, (i got a tool set- ratchets, wrenches and sockets, for 50 bucks, original price was like 150) and of course, the return policy....bring it back, broken, used, or abused...customer satisfaction...

hbprnstr

OPtimas are too short to be held down by the stock battery strap unless you find a way to rase the battery up.....but like fish said move it to the bed. Camburg sells a nice optima battery box for 40 bucks. Jerry has nice stuff go check it out.

J_Dog

RE: "Optimas are too short to be held down by the stock battery strap"
Found this out the hard way. Put a red top in my 97 Dodge Ram and just cranked the stock hold down bolts all the way down. They held the battery fine. PROBLEM: about a month later had an electrical problem with the lights and dash cluster. The hold down bolts had got into the wire harness and rubbed the coating off the wires and shorted everything out. What a pain in the a$$.

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
so how do you go about moving the battery to the back? longer cables andother wires? And what gauge wire is recommended? I need a new battery so i was just planning on getting one and puttin it in the bed.

Gregg

farmboy

kind of depends on how much crap you got attached to your battery, the ghetto fab way i did it was to use one side of an old set of jumper cables to go to the starter. then i used the old starter cable on the negative side and bolted it to the frame. i think welding cables would be better, but it was a cheap efective way to move it to the back.

Boy, Farm

TRDshaunTRD

i have a 98 taco that i put the red top into. It is a lot smaller that the stock one that the stock hold down did not hold it. So i threaded the bolt down further so that the bracket on top could be down further onto the battery. It still wasnt held in very well, so i put a metal strap over the battery perpendicular to the stock hold down. Worked well! But now i have moved it to the bed.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

YotaWhoopRunner

The most ghetto way would be to just add wood blocks undeneath the battery and then clamp it down. But I agree send it to the back.