ORMHOF old school race photos.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Hey everyone, I've self nominated myself to help out posting videos and old photos from ORMHOF's collection for the world to see. The Off Road Motorsports Hall Of Fame (ORMHOF) wants everyone to be able to see the history of our sport so i'm trying to help spread the info. I will be posting old race photo's from our collection that were donated to us. We would like for you guys to also share your photo's of anything old school with a little story behind them so we can share it with the rest of the world.

I'll start it off from ORMHOF's very own Judy Smith who graciously donated all of her collection to us. We take this honor very seriously and can tell you we haven't even begun to rummage through 1% of what she has given us.

This photo was shot by Judy Smith sometime in 1980 of Malcolm Smith and Bud Feldkamps NEW Funco class 1 unlimited. The car was being shot for Hot VW's magazine and was a featured car. We ask that you share these photo's with everyone but make sure not to crop the watermarks out (PLEASE).

MS BF watermark.JPG

TROPHYSEDAN

Love it. Post them up.

ORMHOF

Also, a reminder that April is nomination month for the Hall of Fame. Anyone can nominate someone for the Hall of Fame. For a list of the 87 current inductees and a link to the nomination packet, visit the website at www.ormhof.org. There are some off road greats that deserve to be inducted, and it all starts with the nomination packet. The deadline for submission is April 30.

retroblazer

It's taken awhile to build some momentum to get some recognition for the contribution of Midwest based off road racing. We are losing the first generation of off road racers now. There are a handful of these people, now in their mid 80's, that deserve our recognition. Rather than lobby for individual recognition, we will submit the club they ran, 4x4 Unlimited, the promoter of the Memorial Day 100 in Lake Geneva WI.
There isn't enough time to do this year properly, but we will submitted it next year. It also happens to be Crandon's 50th anniversary, which was heavily influenced by the lead that 4x4 Unlimited set in developing short course racing.

With only 2 out of 87 inductees from the Midwest, and both of them Flannery's, it's time to look more deeply
at contributions of early Midwestern players. To be fair, I understand that most of the paying/ supporting members are from the West, so we need some Midwesterner's to become members of ORMHOF.

oldschool5er

Are there any plans to put all of Judys pics in a data base like Trackside ? or is it just historically importants that are going to be scanned in ? Is there a base starting year that her pictures were taken? or is it based on just Dusty Times from the 80's? I ask because us old guys are trying to glean pics from all sources since Instamatic camera photos had a way of disappearing after 44+ years and taking photos were the last items on long race to do lists.

burro8

I took these pics at the 1976 California 400 in Barstow. Rodine was leading the race overall in his class 9 1200cc Chenowth Wedge until the main IRS arm pivot bolt backed out. Always liked this SS buggy. Unique Metal Products made the entire aluminum body panels. Being a Burro owner, cool to see for that time a Burro lined up behind the Wedge. New and old design.[/ATTACH] img291.jpg img292.jpg img293.jpg

oldschool5er

Cool pics, Rodine was always impressive and his car top notch for that era. Great Riverside shots except I had to turn my laptop upside down for the last photo Lol. I am always looking for 77 Riverside pics and 82. I had two cars entered in 82, a class 9, and a class 1.

ORMHOF

It's taken awhile to build some momentum to get some recognition for the contribution of Midwest based off road racing. We are losing the first generation of off road racers now. There are a handful of these people, now in their mid 80's, that deserve our recognition. Rather than lobby for individual recognition, we will submit the club they ran, 4x4 Unlimited, the promoter of the Memorial Day 100 in Lake Geneva WI.
There isn't enough time to do this year properly, but we will submitted it next year. It also happens to be Crandon's 50th anniversary, which was heavily influenced by the lead that 4x4 Unlimited set in developing short course racing.

With only 2 out of 87 inductees from the Midwest, and both of them Flannery's, it's time to look more deeply
at contributions of early Midwestern players. To be fair, I understand that most of the paying/ supporting members are from the West, so we need some Midwesterner's to become members of ORMHOF.
Agreed on needing more members from the Midwest, however financial support has nothing to do with the induction process...really! Anyone can nominate someone for the Hall of Fame, and the selection is made by an independent committee, who take the job very seriously. We hope to see more packets come in from the midwest, and are looking forward to Crandon's 50th. We'll be there for #49 too!

ORMHOF

Are there any plans to put all of Judys pics in a data base like Trackside ? or is it just historically importants that are going to be scanned in ? Is there a base starting year that her pictures were taken? or is it based on just Dusty Times from the 80's? I ask because us old guys are trying to glean pics from all sources since Instamatic camera photos had a way of disappearing after 44+ years and taking photos were the last items on long race to do lists.
Yes, absolutely. I have two shoebox sized containers filled with Judy's negatives by my desk right now...We've purchased a 4TB hard drive and a negative scanner, and are getting a second computer set up so we can start in on this very big, but very worthwhile, process.