ORU Sub

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Does anyone know what ever happpened to the ORU suburban. I have never seen it in a race or anything?

<----

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

Brian Mapes

Reaction
this one.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

Attachments

• 24-49207-race_suburban.jpg
    24-49207-race_suburban.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 148

evan_clanin

Reaction
i saw it a few months back in one of the offroad mags, but i heavnt heard of any thing else

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

Gabe Lara

Reaction
I saw it a couple of weeks ago up here in the ORU Burbank shop.
Was passing by, and spied it in the showroom.

-Gabe

dunerking

Reaction
The last time I saw it(2 weeks ago)the motor and maybe the trans were taken out of it.If I can remember correctly I think something happened to the transmission or transfer case,I'm probably wrong.Could be just a service?

hit it hard

JoelMollis

Reaction
The 8.1 engine is wounded and out of the truck; ORU thinks it may have dropped a valve. The engine was a stocker anyway. We're trying to score a GM Performance big-block (the Sub is registered as a '73 model). As soon as it's running, we're running a feature on it. It's got a ton of work into it, and is 4WD with a long-travel front.
Joel Mollis
Editor, OFF-ROAD magazine/Primedia

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Yea but are they going to race it or anything like that?

United we stand, Divided we fall.

dunerking

Reaction
Hey Joel how come all of Maurice's stuff makes to the mags?I'll give you that the Sub is nice but most of the other stuff is just the standard swap the IFS to straight axle(44" tires),to me that isn't to special.There seems like a dozen or more guys out there that do some really clean and trick stuff.Personally I would like to see more on stuff I can afford to do or you can actually take to the off-road(like your mag is called),not these street queens.

hit it hard

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Is it raceable? Looks cool...but is it raceable? How much frame is gone? What class?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Brian Mapes

Reaction
I dont know. I think it is all 100% custom.

Im gonna waste away my life cuz i really dont care, jump every bump in my truck all tires in the air

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Gabe- I thought it still had all of the stock framerails?? In that case it could race class 8, I could be wrong...

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

evan_clanin

Reaction
i dono about the rails i think it had them, but yes it was a damn beast, basicly a burb tt

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

hoeker

Reaction
they based it on a stock 73 chevy frame, didn't use much though. petersons had a pretty good article on the buildup about a year ago.

don't know much about the desert classes, but looked like TT material to me.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Its been while, but I remember the frame rails being notched in the rear over the rearend housing, and further modified in the back, so...

But I could be wrong. I'll just have to go by there and see it again.

-Gabe

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Do you guys know what team this is??

<----

Im gonna waste away my life cuz i really dont care, jump every bump in my truck all tires in the air

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Do they have a website?