ORW Grand Prix: DRIVE Volunteer Team does it again!

Brian & Amy

Reaction
So the ORW Grand Prix is done. What an awesome race. It was long, it was hot, and the racing was killer! The DRIVE Volunteer Army rallied for this race in a BIG way and I think it really showed. Many of the racers came up to me after the race and said, "We saw volunteers in red shirts EVERWHERE!". Everyone on the DRIVE Team earned a place in history books for keeping watch over the course for what ended up being a "warm" desert day :D

Amy and I want to thank you guys and gals for doing such a KILLER job.

We have a bunch of photos from race day that I'll have up in a day or two.

I hope that everyone had a great time from the 6:00AM Volunteer meeting to the final "sweeper car" in the last race. Every DRIVE Volunteer put 100% into this race and it really showed. Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Photos coming soon :)

-Brian & Amy

talkjk

Reaction
We just want to say thanks to all the volunteers that worked the race. You all might not realize how much it means to us in the cars that your out there, from the ease of mind knowing that theres someone patrolling the road crossings and the way you cheer us on, the thumbs up as we go thru check points means alot to us. And the water they bring ya when you break down (water never tasted so good).

Not to single out any one group, but the guys in the wash were amazing, so much enthusiasm in all that heat. It realy pumps us to see you guy jumping up and waving us on.

Thanks again

jsmstorm

Reaction
Thanks for the kind words! I will pass this along to the guys and gals for sure. We will gladly be back out there for the November race and hopefully with even more volunteers! I haven't heard anything negative from anyone that was out there so I am sure that the word will spread here and maybe the volunteers from the base can nearly double in size again like we did this last time!
Thanks
Jerrod

EWZ131

Reaction
Thanks for having us and keeping the Race Course clear and safe. Hope to see you all @ the Desert Clean Up in Oct.

ultrablew

Reaction
What a weekend! I wish to also express my sincere appreciation to all the volunteers that help DRIVE out! Although I enjoy being in the truck and racing, I particularlly LOVED this race because it gave me an opportunity to "cruise" around in the chase jeep! I got the honor of stopping and talking to a lot of the volunteers out in the desert. Being a checkpoint sponsor also, I got to actually go check on Checkpoint 2 myself once and see how they were doing instead of "delegating" that to my hubby! That was awesome to me!
Please let me take this opportunity to thank Sparkletts for donating 10 cases of water for our volunteers as well!!!!
They are easger to donate again cause our volunteers ROCK THE DESERT!!:D

ocotilo

Reaction
great race, just want to thank darren for doing tip top radio work, HE IS THE NEW WEATHERMAN
great race and support crew

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction
When I loose the desire to have a bunch of kids kick my but, I will no doubt be in line to help Doug by jumping in with Amy and Brian. I've never meet anyone with as much love for this sport, or the people who participate in it as these two. Doug is ver fortunate to have them helping him out.

baja_racer

Reaction
great race, just want to thank darren for doing tip top radio work, HE IS THE NEW WEATHERMAN
great race and support crew

Thanks.....hopefully minus the grumpiness!!!

dwasser

Reaction
So the ORW Grand Prix is done. What an awesome race. It was long, it was hot, and the racing was killer! The DRIVE Volunteer Army rallied for this race in a BIG way and I think it really showed. Many of the racers came up to me after the race and said, "We saw volunteers in red shirts EVERWHERE!". Everyone on the DRIVE Team earned a place in history books for keeping watch over the course for what ended up being a "warm" desert day :D

Amy and I want to thank you guys and gals for doing such a KILLER job.

We have a bunch of photos from race day that I'll have up in a day or two.

I hope that everyone had a great time from the 6:00AM Volunteer meeting to the final "sweeper car" in the last race. Every DRIVE Volunteer put 100% into this race and it really showed. Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Photos coming soon :)

-Brian & Amy

X 1 million! I can't wait to see the pictures. Checking out all the pics is one of my favorite post race traditions.

dwasser

Reaction
When I loose the desire to have a bunch of kids kick my but, I will no doubt be in line to help Doug by jumping in with Amy and Brian. I've never meet anyone with as much love for this sport, or the people who participate in it as these two. Doug is ver fortunate to have them helping him out.

We'd be happy to have you but not just yet. Keep racing for now. Fortunate to have Brian and Amy do what they do would be an understatement. They are priceless. They would do anything to make the experience a good one for each and every volunteer.

dwasser

Reaction
What a weekend! I wish to also express my sincere appreciation to all the volunteers that help DRIVE out! Although I enjoy being in the truck and racing, I particularlly LOVED this race because it gave me an opportunity to "cruise" around in the chase jeep! I got the honor of stopping and talking to a lot of the volunteers out in the desert. Being a checkpoint sponsor also, I got to actually go check on Checkpoint 2 myself once and see how they were doing instead of "delegating" that to my hubby! That was awesome to me!
Please let me take this opportunity to thank Sparkletts for donating 10 cases of water for our volunteers as well!!!!
They are easger to donate again cause our volunteers ROCK THE DESERT!!:D

Sparkletts saved the day. I couldn't get enough water in me. We're looking forward to having them even more involved.

Thanks Sparkletts

baja_racer

Reaction
Thanks guys......To be mentioned along with his name is quite the honor. But I am not in the same class as Bob, we radio guys only aspire to be as good as him.

DRIVE Main clear....