Oscar Ramos Jassen passing

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
He always talk on phone on our team out there and we always will going pray for him. God bless to his family and wife too

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajafoolin'

Reaction
May he rest peacefully.

PS: how about a more flattering picture on the home page article? one with a smile, we can do better than that.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Website
www.willhigman.com
2004 BAJA 1000

baja_1000_2004-1.jpg

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Oscar was there for all of us at anytime he was needed. He was always great to talk to and usually good for a laugh and a smile.

When the chips were down Oscar was always on point. I'm not sure how he dealt with all of the situations so well and so organized but he never looked or sounded rattled, Oscar was a rock.

My family has been close with Oscar over the last decade and we have worked with him at the best of times and the worst of times. Either way it was always a pleasure and always with a smile and a firm handshake.

For me a couple of the worst times come to mind where his character shined.

When Steve was shot randomly and needed a rescue badly he was on point. He somehow arranged a heli from the TJ police to get him to the hospital from Trinidad. Steve wash't racing or entered but he was a human and Oscar made it all happen. The docs said Steve just made it and all because of the quick connections Oscar handled.

In my darkest hour Oscar flew to meet me and help with the most horrible of situations. Jeff had died in San Felipe and Oscar flew down with Troy Getty (RIP also) and stood by my side with kind words and amazing support. I was awake but no way was I able to function and Oscar was the rock for our entire group.

Dang, just in that last couple sentences there are 3 amazing friends we will never see again. I am humbled by each of their friendships and am stoked to have laughed and had great times with each of them.

Oscar is gone way too soon and many of us are crushed by his passing.

The Steele family and the entire Desert Assassins familia send their thoughts and prayers to Oscar's family.

Much love hermano,
Cameron

ATRacing

Reaction
Website
www.atoff-road.com
Oscar, Baja will miss you greatly! Oscar was always a true ambassador for both Baja and the sport, and as Cameron so rightly said, what made him shine the most was that he was simple a great human being, always prepared to out his neck out to help. Oscar, you will be greatly missed, and Team No Limits and Tanom racing's prayers are with the Ramos family at this most difficult time, and we send you our deepest condolences.

Que descanses en Paz amigo, y gracias por todos los lindos recuerdo y gran momentos que hiciste!
Andrea

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Huge shoes to fill for SCORE without Oscar, he will be missed dearly. Question is now, who fills those big shoes for SCORE? It was hard to imagine SCORE without Sal Fish and now, unfortunately, without Oscar Ramos. Vaya con Dios, Oscar.

JDDurfey

Reaction
In '06 we had a very new to Baja rider crash and break his femur pre-running near San Juanico. To make a long story short, we needed help locating the rider, but knew he was hauled off in an ambulance. We woke Oscar up at 2 AM at the hotel and he was more than willing to help us. I am fluent in Spanish, but I kept having problems trying to get phone numbers to possible hospitals down there. At 7 AM Oscar called me with the intel I was unable to gather. He then offered to send a helicopter for him and it would be covered under our racer insurance. I ran into him the next day at Contingency and he remembered me and came over to ask how my rider was.

One heck of a guy. I can't make it through the day at my measly job without getting frustrated or ticked off at someone, and he dealt with all of "us" all the time cool as a cucumber.

My prayers are with the family in these difficult days.