Our Desert Racer nearly complete.

Hummerkiller

Reaction
These are the latest pictures I had developed, next pictures will show the uni-body mounted on the Bronco II frame and the 5.0 302 Ford Mustang mounted under the hood.

Nate and I Wanted to show everyone how nice the body work and paint job came out.

We should be done with our rig in about 10 more days then the speed trial begin.

Hope everyone likes our Racer...

Bleddyn and Nate Cynfyn
Team G503
Ford Racing
Henrietta, TX

" Always use Lucas Oil products"
" We race on Maxxis 35' Long Horn tires"

Hummerkiller

Reaction
Yesterday Nate and I lowered our non racing engine onto the frame, a Ford 2.9 that will be in the rig when we are not racing.

We wanted to keep our Racer Street legal but pushed every inch within those limits...LOL

We have the 302 5.0 Mustang engine removed and stored now after mounting it and makeing sure the wire harness and computer swap all plugged in well.

We then pulled the engine as it is easy to do with our pin pull system we installed, and loaded in the 2.9 engine which still has plenty of power but won't kill us on gas when we drive around to show it off.

We purchased a 3 rd engine and seperate belhousing for our back up engine a Ford 4.0.

All three engine have seperate computers that we had to make sure wiould work onthe wire harnees we installed.

We plan to do something different with the 2.9 and convert it to a carb so that is our newest search for parts and this will allow for us to do magor upgades to the engine that allow for more power yet still great on gas.

Nate and I decided to make a few changes, one of them will be a tilt front end.

Yes... it means cutting the fenders across the seams all the way down to the front frame the two front parts of the frame have been removed but not dicarded we use them for the tie in between the uni-frame and solid frame, so we just kind of moved them.

The hood will still be as normal and wil function the same, but the front end is now on pivit points that allow for it to roll foward and down like a Corvette. and easy just to unbolt and remove the front end.

Add's a little distiction and easier to work on the power pack.

So the project has entered it's final works and will be ready for fun in the sun as soon as we get our new Rops from Shade Tree.

Pictures to come very soon

Bleddyn and Nate

sickrick

Reaction
I like the "speed dimples".

Hummerkiller

Reaction
Most rigs that Race do have their engines in the rear as Nate and I well know, but after very careful research on how we were going to build and modify this rig, we decided that where the vehicle is so light to begin with even with the new solid frame that the engine in the front would not pose much in the way of landing problems.

The front end will be slightly higer anyway and the IFS should handle anything we run into as it is very well reinforced.

After testing our different engines we learned our power defferences within ratio to speed out put was fantastic.

We ran so test drives today on open hard top surfaces and got some incrdible speed, then so grear rough sandy dirt roads near our home and it the Rig performed perfect on sharp turns at high rates of speed.

We did not take any still pictures but did take some great vidoe footage that as soon as we figure out how to put on the web we shall do so.

We ran speeds between 85-120 on hard top in two wheel drive, and 25-45 in our new 4x4 setup.

But the terrain covered was very rough and differed between sand, to wet clay, to very rocky in some areas with just a fantastic ride.

The engine sounded terrific and the modified suspension held the groun and turn with no slippage.

The 35" Maxxis Long Horn Tires ate the ground up never once loosing traction even in the wet clay sand mix.

Bleddyn and Nate

artman

Reaction
WOW!! That is quite a rig you guys have there.