Our loss of Jeff

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
I can’t believe Jeff is gone. It doesn’t seem real. I wanted to start by saying that all the kind words about Jeff are appreciated and quite amazing just like Jeff. It is hard for me to write anything and I have not been on the web since Jeff’s passing but I have heard how much you have loved on him.

OX is family to us. I have a hard time thinking that I can describe where my feelings are and how we will move forward in life without our smiling kid. We have a handful of kids, or more, from our town that we have watched grow up and become family with – no one closer than Jeff.

The fact that he is gone is hard to accept. Jeff had lost his parents early in life and in many ways we had a brother-type relationship but in more ways we were like father and son.

You worry about them all the time and the fear that the riding puts in me makes me scared for everyone that rides dirt bikes but that’s what we do. I started as a small boy with my Dad, and later with my brother and Trigger, as we terrorized the hills of San Clemente. It is our thing.

About 14 years ago we moved into a neighborhood where pretty quickly we made relationships with kids that would become family, Greek, Mathis, Bean, Big ol’ D, Cody, Crap, Fluffer, Peebs, Garland, Sidekick, Potter and OX rolling by more and more and the riding trips grew from there. We shared what we could, took them riding, car racing and to Baja, showed them what I thought was the way to do it and tried to help guide them as best we could.

Along the way the tables turned. They made me a better person and it didn’t take long before they made sure I knew they had surpassed me in dirt bike skills.

I took a trip one time, can’t remember where, but I came back to photos of Jeff doing seat grabs and other big tricks of the time. It was the transition point in my life where I realized it was time for me to support and not do.

I love Jeff and all the kids. I love my buddies and I tell them. Today about 50 of them are in San Ignacio, they continued to ride for their own reasons, which I think I understand.

With the support of my amazing Wife and all of my friends I will travel back to what I think is the most amazing place in the world. Jeff and I love it. We brought our friends to this little slice of dirt bike paradise.

My almost brother Trigger and neighborhood kids Fluffer, Crap, Peebs and Richie will be back in Mexico today with a couple of Jeff’s other close friends. We will finish what we started with the group with a giant void in our hearts and the line up.

In the wake of all this is Jeff’s brother Tanner. 18 years old and fragile in the shadow and now death of his larger than life brother. We need to rally around Tanner and Jeff’s sister Kristy and her husband Craig.

In August Jeff and I along with my 25+ year friend Greg traveled to Cabo on a non-dirt bike trip. Yesterday via sat phone Greg reminded me of these times, Squid Row, beach antics and rock diving in the bay. Greg and I had so much fun wishing we were in our 20’s while hanging out with Jeff. I’m going to go and do it, not sure how I will handle it all and I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know I love Jeff now and forever and am so happy we have the relationship we do.

Marty Fiolka

RDC Crypto
Hey Cameron, thank you for posting this today. As you may or may not know, while a great many within the Nation are stunned by the loss of Jeff, you can find solace in the fact that there is also a groundswell of worry and concern about you too. Let us know how and when we can be of help.

-- Marty

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
Much love Cam! La Famila is here to support you and "your family". Yourself and OX are an inspiration to us all, grab a hand full of throttle for OX! keep rippn brotha!

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
Cam we were getting ready to go stage the boys at Alamo Sat morning and I looked over and someone was putting an In memory of Ox sticker on the side of Jerry's TT. The man was loved! RIP OX !! PAB If you need anything Lake Havasu racers are here for ya!!! So sorry for your loss Peace Out

Tipracer

RDC Crypto
Long live the DA...
PAB and the DA are the kind of people I am pround to know. Stay strong PAB

CTR Racing

RDC Crypto
Just wanted to send our condolences to the Kargola family, Cameron, and the whole DA family, have been following RIP To The Tip and to hear bad news like this is devasting--a very sad day for the off-road community.

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
Racing with Cam for so many years and being friends for over 28 years I got to know all these kids well over the years. What a loss. My condolences to the Kargola Family and Jeffs extended family. Be safe back down there Cam

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Ox showing off his qualifying times to his Motorsports Father.

I love this photo

Attachments

• Ox and Pab.jpg
    Ox and Pab.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 406

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
RDC Crypto
Website
www.danzioracing.com
Great words Cam. I will greatly miss him and keep thinking on how surreal this is. Every time I think about his smile I start to choke up. RIP my brutha!!

J_Lothringer

RDC Crypto
Ive only met OX a few times... And I can say he was a pretty awesome guy, I was trully sadend when I heard the news... I can only imagine what you are going through at this time Cam, Hang in there bud and always remember the good times you and Ox had roosting through Baja. Life is short (shorter for others) enjoy every day like it's your last, cause it very well could be! RIP (Roost in peace) Ox.

Prep by Jake

RDC Crypto
Just sat next to OX at mark steele's (big daddy) 75th bday party. Watching him and the rest of the kids cam speaks of grow up and do very well for them selfs was always very enjoyable. He will be missed. My heart and prayers and best wishes go out to him his family and his close's friend. From me and my family RIP OX.

RDC Crypto
Cameron, you give so much to the people around you and the sport you love, eveyone appreciates it. It is the people who race through our lives that makes us rich, not the worldly things, but the eternal things like relationships and memories that never die or turn to rust - you are rich beyond measure!

Joker

RDC Crypto
Cameron.. Keep moving forward, continue your work out there. You are a great example and ambassador for our sport. My sons look up to you.
Godspeed