Our new Baja 500 team

bajabit

Hey my fellow Baja fans! I just wanted to announce our new team for this years 500. We picked up a new sponsor. We are now "Team Hammernutrition/Callaway Motorsports". Hammernutrition,(hammernutrition.com), stepped up and made it possible for us to enter this year. In addition to myself and my brother Steve, we have added Ted Thayer and Mike Moyer,(current #3 open expert in D-37). With Mike's youth and speed and Steve & Ted's fitness levels we are looking forward to improving on our finishing position from last year.
The pic is during testing at Johnson Valley last weekend,(with last years number).

Attachments

Hayward Racing

Good luck to you what class you guys runnin?

Chase 2

Hammer Nutrition is THE choice for ultra endurance runners and bicyclists. Hammer gel is far far above and beyond cliff shots or power gel. Endurolytes are life savers. Really, really great products I'm glad to see them come to the dez! I've been using Hammer products for almost 10 years now and I can't enough good about them.

Dezertpilot

Hammer Nutrition is THE choice for ultra endurance runners and bicyclists. Hammer gel is far far above and beyond cliff shots or power gel. Endurolytes are life savers. Really, really great products I'm glad to see them come to the dez! I've been using Hammer products for almost 10 years now and I can't enough good about them.
Do they manufacture their own products? What is Hammer "gel" ?

bajabit

Do they manufacture their own products? What is Hammer "gel" ?
I do believe they manufacture their own products.

Hammer Gel is an energy product like Gu or Cliff Shots that you can use during an intense work out. It doesn't require chewing and absorbs easily into you're system without upsetting you're stomach. I like the Rasberry flavor myself. We put some in a plastic flask attached to the chest protector strap and then take a shot of it while drinking some water at the fuel stops. It helps keep from bonking during long events.

We will be at contingency row on the 5th handing out samples to our fellow racers, I don't know yet which products they will supply us for that.

On another note; We drew 10th position at the start and will be #260x.
See you all in Mexico!!

Total Loss

Good luck.
Looks like a tun-o-fun!
I'd race against ya but I have been bench racin (instead of real racin) so much lately-I am getting splinters.

Dezertpilot

I do believe they manufacture their own products.

Hammer Gel is an energy product like Gu or Cliff Shots that you can use during an intense work out. It doesn't require chewing and absorbs easily into you're system without upsetting you're stomach. I like the Rasberry flavor myself. We put some in a plastic flask attached to the chest protector strap and then take a shot of it while drinking some water at the fuel stops. It helps keep from bonking during long events.

We will be at contingency row on the 5th handing out samples to our fellow racers, I don't know yet which products they will supply us for that.

On another note; We drew 10th position at the start and will be #260x.
See you all in Mexico!!
I want some! Sounds like an awesome idea when riding pretty hard. I think you guys have a rad sponsor on your hands btw:)

Chase 2

I was into real long endurance running, mountain biking and adventure races. 12 to 48 hour stuff. I still chase (aka handle in runner's terms) runners who compete in 100 mile trail runs taking up to 36 hours to finish. Nutrition is one of the most important factors allowing the competitors to go the distance. Hammer has a lot of products that work really really well. They do however, go a little overboard on some stuff (anti simple sugar), but over all their products are very high quality.

Hammer's Gel is the top product for me. Hammer Gel is a long chain complex carbohydrate composed of maltodextrin which is very easily digested and provides most of what you need to keep your muscles fueled. The raspberry is the best. For me second to Hammer Gel is their Endurolytes caps which is a electrolyte replacement pill. I've personally use Endurolytes and used them to bring runners "back from the dead" who have severe cramping after 12 to 18 hours of running when standard gatoraid type drinks or even Cytomax (aka nectar of the Gods) wasn't enough to keep up with electrolyte replacement in hot events.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/

Dezertpilot

So Craig this is good for us dirtbikers?

Chase 2

I came from the old school days where we raced the 500 & 1000 with out hydration packs, you would only take a big gulp of water at the pit!!! Keeping your body fueled during a long race is a bigger deal than most think. Taking a shot of a gel every hour is an excellent way to keep your glycogen levels up so your muscles will not run out of gas. The nice thing about fueling with a gel is that they won't make you feel full or cause you to bloat. A typical runner's body can only process 200 calories per hour which is exactly what most gels provide, think of it like keeping the fuel mixture going through your system jetted right, not too lean and not too rich. At a typical D-37 H&H I'll have a gel at before I go to the start line and another when I pit. So yeah, I'm a strong believer in using this stuff. I think that even though the car guys don't work as hard, they could benefit from the same stuff.

bajabit

http://www.hammernutrition.com/

Any quality bicycle shop that is into racing or a running specialty store.
Hey Chase 2, thank's for helping to pimp the product.
Hammernutrition has been supporting my brother's mountain bike racing for a few years now and gets his stuff straight from them. I know my local bike shop carries some of Hammer's product but I think getting it directly through their web site is the best way. You get to see the full line of products, they have it in stock, and it shows up on you're door step. They also have some info on the site about using their product for motocross training/racing, and hydration tips for endurance events. The owner of the company is also a motocrosser.

Hayward Racing

I am definetly going to give this stuff a try.. I plan on riding/training hard over the summer for the rest of 09 season and to be ready for 2010 and this will help tons.

bajabit

I am definetly going to give this stuff a try.. I plan on riding/training hard over the summer for the rest of 09 season and to be ready for 2010 and this will help tons.
I am working on getting a link to their site so that anyone here who wants to try some of the product will get a 15% discount, and an e-mail address you can use for tech questions and info. I will post up as soon as I get the info.

Dezertpilot

I am working on getting a link to their site so that anyone here who wants to try some of the product will get a 15% discount, and an e-mail address you can use for tech questions and info. I will post up as soon as I get the info.
Awesome! I wanna be able to use the product when Im out riding and keep my stamina up, good job, I bet Hammer nutrition is stoked, you should let them know of this thread and how their sponsor dollars are actually being used in this crappy economy.