P.O.S ford?

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
We changed the oil om my friends 2000 ford ranger v6 3.0l i believe and as we finished putting the oil in the thing started leaking at the engine and transmission seal? What could have caused this on such a new truck? what possibly is wrong? has any one else heard of or had this problem? his trucks stock so the warrenty should still cover this but i am just wondering why something like this might happen?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
how many quarts did you put in?

You sure you didnt miss the whole and it dripped down around there?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Ryno

Reaction
I dunno where the filter is on those...but a leftover filter ring will do that, and put oil everywhere. The double rings don't seal, and the result is 5 quarts on oil for polishing your garage floor

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Well we put 5 quarts in it and the old filter oring is still on the old filter. After running the engine for like a minute we checked the oil again and its not to low it is bearly under the full line. Is there possibly an overflow point at the engine seal? We did do the oil change with the truck half in and half out of the garage so the truck wasnt totally level. so if there is a point where the oil " overflows " this could have caused it but besides that i know nothing else to say that could give anyone anymore clues to what happened.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I have never heard of any car having an oil overflow becuase then it would not build pressure. I dont know what you guys did to it but obviously it wasnt right.

How much oil came out when you drained it? If it was on that much of an incline you may have not drained much and you could have too much and blew the seal from too much pressure.

Double Gasket sucks!!! In highschool I worked at an oil change place and one of the filter changers did that to a new Lexus and the customer called within 10 minutes of leaving the place with a burnt motor.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
kris,
we have did many oil changes throughout the days and never had a problem like this. The truck was only on a slight decline if any so all the id say at least 99.9% of the old oil was drained. Yeah now that i think about it the overflow possibility does seem pretty rediculous And like i said the old filter still has the o ring on it so i doubt it has two rings on it. guess my budy will take mine and our friends advice next time and buy a bowtie

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Are you sure the oil filter is the right one? Right box, wrong filter but similar enough to put it on. It's happened at the service station I used to work at.
Just a thought.

MNotary

Reaction
I have never heard of any car having an oil overflow becuase then it would not build pressure.

Overfull crankcase may leak from internal case pressure. But it is at the full line. Sounds like a bad crank seal.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Used some detergent oil in an old mustang once and it started leaking oil like a S.O.B. Guess the varnish build up was the only thing sealing the motor! Doah!