paddles

singlehanded

Reaction
I am going to buy a set a paddles and two extra rims in the near future. I have a 94 ranger running 33 right now 35 when I need new tires. I was wondering what size paddles I should get and what kind of rims (offset?). Also where is the best place to get them at besides the classified? Kartek / Meckenzies? I know from experience that some times it is a pain buying parts for a truck at a "buggy place". They just dont know what part is right on a truck sometimes. Any advice would be great.

local

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
try baja concepts in fallbrook last year they had a pair of paddles fora ranger in there last year i think they were 35s i dont really remember. talk to mike about it he knows alot and is a really cool guy willing to help out

Marshall

Reaction
For size I would say go with something smaller like a 31. Your not concerned with ground clearnce in the dunes and the smaller size will help keep the RPM's up. Im not sure what motor your running but paddles can kill your power. I have seen a few guys run them backwards to get them to spin a bit more on lower HP motors.

singlehanded

Reaction
right now I have a 4.0 manual with intake and exhaust, and 4.56 w/ lim. slip in rear.What shop to go to and any info on what rims to run. thanks

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If you get cupped paddles you will eat up your clutch fast. There are another type I forgot the name but they look like a grid and seem to work on low hp cars. Grond clearence is important too becaseu if you dont get going then you will be sitting on the pumpkin real fast...trust me I know.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

cleartoy

Reaction
Sand Tires Unlimited Mini Desert Tracks in the 14.50 width seem to be popular. Not to aggressive. Id like a set myself.

You can get em at ORW, Baja Concepts, VW Paradise, B and R Buggies in my neck of the woods.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

1992f150

Reaction
If you have to use less aggressive paddles, run them backwards etc.... Im wondering how much of an improvement they will end up being over an aired down A/T tire?

Azusa: shame of the foothills

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
A buddy of mine has a 99 4.0 5 speed ranger and run's the 15.5 paddle traks with excelent results. 2wd up old's is pretty impresive. He put on a nitrous kit to help with the luanch. I think he might also be running 4.88's, other than that the drive train is stock.

singlehanded

Reaction
any know the number for orw?

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
paddle traks is the name of the one you should run.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
645 N. Citracado Pkwy.
Escondido CA, 92025
760-746-3193

7915 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92111
858-565-7792

425 N. Marshall
El Cajon, CA 92020
619-442-8689

Go Big Or Go Home

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks Ive got a lot better idea now....

local

kurt

Reaction
Hey - I've got a pair of the Sand Tires Unlimited DesertTraks, the ones Kritter was talking about, I'd sell them fairly cheap, I no longer need them.