PADDLES

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
WHO MAKES A GOOD PADDLE FOR 15X8, 700HP WITH LOTS OF TRAVEL AND WEIGHT OF 4000LB?

WORK HARD/ PLAY HARD

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Skat trak shaved 37's. Just like RG. Most of the sand tires out there have a very light carcass and will not stand up to the abuse. Skat trak will shave a AT/MT/whayever and vulcanize on the correct number of paddles for your application.

Just4Fun

Reaction
Ya, thats what we are having done for glamis. Scott, if you email me i can tell you were u have them volcumized, but i know scat trak glues the paddles on.

jeff

Reaction
I'm pretty sure Paradigm has those available in the vulcanized version. Most people won't touch a Baja for liabilities sake. The price was surprisingly cheap the last time I talked to Mark - they might be a grip by now.

Aloha

Just4Fun

Reaction
The most expensive part is the paddles at skat trak. To have the tread taken off is only a couple bucks. But overall, its cheaper than buying a set of paddles.
P.M. Fabrication

1992f150

Reaction
Im intrested in getting paddles in the near future; could someone explain this more? You give them 2 tires, does it matter how much tread they have on them or what kind they are (all terrian, mudders, etc..)? Then they glue paddles on the tires? How strong is that? Also then they vulcanize the tires? Is that like siping (sp?) where you cut channels or grooves in the tread? How much does this usually cost not including the 2 base tires you give them?
Thanks in advance for answering my many questions!!

Azusa: shame of the foothills

Just4Fun

Reaction
Check with Skat, its somewhere around a couple hundred to get them done. I think they quoted us like 225-250 and that was using our projects and somewhere around 10+ paddles. Vulcanizing is when they glue the paddles on, they have to heat them up. Some motorcycle paddles and sand drag paddles are done the same. And they must be pretty strong considering Gordon runs the same things.
P.M. Fabrication