Pahrump Prerun

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
The files should all be out tomorrow however teams got to see 99% of the course yesterday. The drivers I spoke with seem excited about the course with a little bit of everything and a course that hasn't been beat up in quite some time. I can tell you that 69 vehicles started the pre-run and only 39 finished it. There are some really fast sections straight away's, mountain climbing, gravel roads, and of course everybody's favorite, SILT! We had a bottleneck at Race mile 27 yesterday of a dozen cars. BITD will be working this week before the race to try and get that area a little better before the race.

Its race week - See you all out there starting Thursday for qualifying!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
is the course an out and back from Johnnie to Beatty, like the Terribles Town 250, or something down in the Pahrump Valley?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
It is a former Terrible's 250 out to Springdale (Vegas to Reno Pit#1) and back. Most of it was last ran in 2007 or 8 I believe. A few newer portions and modifications. Easy to chase with a max of 2 trucks for all pits. 1 can do almost all of it.

AlexFigge

Reaction
The files should all be out tomorrow however teams got to see 99% of the course yesterday. The drivers I spoke with seem excited about the course with a little bit of everything and a course that hasn't been beat up in quite some time. I can tell you that 69 vehicles started the pre-run and only 39 finished it. There are some really fast sections straight away's, mountain climbing, gravel roads, and of course everybody's favorite, SILT! We had a bottleneck at Race mile 27 yesterday of a dozen cars. BITD will be working this week before the race to try and get that area a little better before the race.

Its race week - See you all out there starting Thursday for qualifying!

Was the bottleneck caused by a silt bed there?

BajaFand

Reaction
It is a former Terrible's 250 out to Springdale (Vegas to Reno Pit#1) and back. Most of it was last ran in 2007 or 8 I believe. A few newer portions and modifications. Easy to chase with a max of 2 trucks for all pits. 1 can do almost all of it.
Will it still finish in Johnnie or will it finish in town in Pahrump like the TT250 used to?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

B. R C Arrow

Reaction
Starts in Johnnie and finishes in parking lot of the Pahrump Nugget .

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
According to BITD website looks like they are going around where that bottle neck was at mile 27.
I went through there yesterday again - the bypass is basically in the same place - I think it is going to still be a challenge for some vehicles. We will have retrieval and rescue vehicles there for sure.

Frank13

Reaction
For those who missed the pre-run. At MM 27, if you intend to go right away from the silt there is a gnarly drop off about 100yds in. Take it easy!