• Forum membership has its advantages....

Paint Shops

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Where's a good place to take my fenders to get painted around orange county... What am I looking to spend???How long does it take? Thanks

John Bitting

Administrator
South County Auto Body on El Toro and Jeronimo in Lake Forest. They do awesome work and the owner races so you are supporting the sport. Not sure on price. They are going to paint my bronco once I mount fenders on it.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
It should be around $250 for paint.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

rdc

I'm sponsored by CENTRAL BODY in Wilmington, CA 310-834-6451 They do a great job with race car and trucks.....Hell, both my Baja's are car shows. Give them a call. Tell them the "Plam killer" sent you.
Art " The TECH DUDE" Savedra

Ryno

If you take the truck with the fenders on it, they will charge you more. They will prep the area all around the fenders as well so it all blends in. Also, make sure they don't take the color sample from the door jamb, as it is more than likely that it will be much darker than the current paint. This includes vehicles that are only 5 years old. If you bring them the truck with fenders on it, they'll need it for 2 days. same if you bring them the fenders. The paint needs time to cure, along with the clearcote. Cost wise, your looking at between 200-400, depending on whichroute you go.

Ryno

rdc

the truck is brand spankin' new...only 4000 miles, does that make any difference with the blending. South County Auto Body is gonna do em' I think. They told me 200 bucks and John recommended them so I think I'll go there. How much extra is it usually if they put on the fenders for you? Just a guess would be cool. I think I'll do it myself though.

fishd00d

What A Joke
With only 4,000 on it I dont see how you will have a problem. And I dont know if they will install them for you. A friend of mine had the same thing and the shop he went to wouldnt do it for him. But check with the shop you never know!

Go Big Or Go Home

John Bitting

Administrator
The problem is with automotive paint, It is mixed per application, so even with the code on your truck there is a chance the color could be off even a tiny little bit from the factory. But when you blend your doors and hood. You have a better chance of it looking more factory over just painting the fenders off the truck. It does cost a lot more to blend the hood and doors though. Just give the paint shop your gas door and they can usually tweak the color to better match your truck...

rdc

I went to Kragen and bought a five dollar rattle can (duplicolor), and my fenders turned out pretty darn good. not perfect, but I figure that leaves me 195 bucks to spend on something else....