paint

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
well my pops has an 87 bronco and its going to specificly for off road and he wants me to paint it and i dont have much experience with paint im a fabricator and engine builder... any tips for me on what i gotta do to get this thing ready for paint?? any info would be greatly appriciateddd.

thanks,
casey

knucklemeat

Reaction
best thing to do would be to consult a paint /body guy and then decide if you are up to a do it yourself paint job. with the cost of materials these days,as you could easily spend a grand on just paint,sometimes an earl shieb or a maaco job just makes sense. i have talked quite a few people through their first paint jobs and sometimes,it's a little more work than they signed up for. get some estimates of what a shop would charge, have an idea of the quality you want,and be realistic about your ability to pull it off by yourself. if you just want it blasted one color and don't want it super nice maybe talk to an auto paint store about a budget line of paint and some technical support. if you don't have a gun,believe it or not the husky spray guns from home depot or lowes actually work pretty good. good luck.

-knucklemeat