Pala Raceway Opening April 18th

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
I don't know how many people have been waiting, but I'm sure a lot have been including myself since last year. Check out their website for track layouts. Yes, Pala Raceway will be opening to the public. Due to delays on critical parts for our water system we will not be opening to the public until April 18th. Please check this web site for updates as we may be able to open a few days earlier if all items arrive as scheduled. We apologize, however, the wait will be worth it for all the riders as well as for environmental reasons. The new water system uses far less water than water trucks and it will allow our track crew to deliver a superior prep every day for your enjoyment.

Respectfully,
Ryan Ouellette
President

www.palaraceway.com

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Well that's some awesome news on a rainy day .... I am stoked to hear it will be opening!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Interesting, I went through Pala today on the way home from Ocotillo. The area, and surrounding area is absolutely beautiful!! I will have to stop by...

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Awesome!!! Might have to do some track riding!! Let's get a group together!! :D Local support is always good!!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
its a pretty long way for me but i have been waiting for this track to open for what seems like for ever!!

a group ride sounds AWESOME to me! :)
Sounds great!! It's on we're racing :p jajaja you're going to kick my butt!!! :D

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Getting a group together sounds good! I can get a couple people from Baja Designs that would come along for sure. I had surgery on my finger on April 1st but should be good to go by the end of the month ;)

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
hahah we'll see:D

try to get Melissa and Joanna to go also! I haven't seen them since the thanksgiving trip
Oh man that would be a blast... haha Joanna might kick YOUR butt :p :p LOL

I will throw it out there once we get a date!! Should be nice to ride there even during summer it doesn't get TOOOOO hot there... not like the desert at least :D

djhspawn

Reaction
this is news to me and its awesome! Im stoked about the quad and BMX track. I can keep myself busy for a couple days while camping, gambling and riding... thanks for the info.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
A little more info regarding the track from Pala Raceway:
Pala Raceway Soft Opening is this Weekend April 18th. You are invited.
We will be open to the public on Saturday April 18th and Sunday April 19th for our soft opening of Phase 1 of Pala Raceway. We will be closed on Monday the 20th and Tuesday the 21st, and then we will be open again on Wednesday the 22nd and should be open 7 days a week after that, but look for a public announcement confirming our schedule.
Our Grand Opening is currently scheduled for late May. That is when the site should be ready for large crowds and for a celebration for what has been accomplished to date. We wanted to have a soft opening of Phase 1 with little to no public announcements, to allow our staff to acclimate to the prep work and the transition from constructioncrew to operations crew and to allow for continued improvements to the facility
For the soft opening of Phase 1 there will be five tracks that will be available, the Main Track, Vet Track, Pee Wee Track, Mini Bike Track, and a temporary Quad/Rhino track that will be replaced in Phase 2. There will be a temporary concession stand available as the club house and cafe will be completed in Phase 2. Camping is not available at this time, but dry camping will be available soon.

Daily Practice fee is $20.00 per person.

Yearly Stock Membership is $20.00 (Mandatory for all participants)

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Couldn't make it out today, fixing the sprinkler system that the dog destroyed! How was it? Pictures?

BGRANT

Reaction
Stopped and checked it out. It looked great and the step up on the main track is bitchen. Good job Dennis,Ryan and crew. Wish I would have brought my bikes down.