Pala Raceway Opening April 18th

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Went out and checked out the tracks today. I think it's going to be good. The dirt is real nice, small rocks (under golf ball size) well watered. They have at leat three tracks going. The Vet track, kids track and Pro/big track. Excited to see something new in the area!!

Baracudaaa

Reaction
I went there on sat and hit the quad track. It was a temporary track, had no jumps, and half of it was in sand so within 2 hours ended up with 2' deep ruts. The workers were very cool, and were open to suggestions, and they said they would try and change the track to what people like. I will not be going back until they make the phase 2 permanent track.

200MPHTape

Reaction
I took the little guy(8) up Sat. The peewee track is pretty cool, a little narrow to have races on, they would almost have to play follow the leader. The link troy put up for the mapflash, is not even close to the track layouts. I'm sure it will change, the soil is great for traction. I saw the ambulance take 3 different people out, they have fast response time! From what I saw they had the vet, pewee, 65-105,pro and quad tracks set up. For 20$ yearly membership includes T-shirt plus 20$ for practice is a good deal. There are no trees, so you will need a easy-up if you want shade!

200MPHTape

Reaction
Rumor was that place was super packed on Saturday! Can anyone confirm! I plan going after the first of the month!
Depends on what you consider packed? There was a couple of hundred people out there but I wouldn't consider that packed seeing how many tracks were there to ride. I don't know how they divided A and B riders on the bigger tracks, but watching from the side there was plenty of open area for parking and it didn't look like a train going by on the tracks.

Baracudaaa

Reaction
Yep, the vet track was packed. It was cool to see so many people (bikes) show up, even though the quad turn out was pretty small.
Better than pix, here is a vid of the main track from my friends site-

http://www.seethetrack.com/

BGRANT

Reaction
Yep, the vet track was packed. It was cool to see so many people (bikes) show up, even though the quad turn out was pretty small.
Better than pix, here is a vid of the main track from my friends site-

http://www.seethetrack.com/

Was he the guy with the go-pro camera on his helmet? I was standing there right at the end of the vid checking out the track (grey super duty with Utah plates). I went out for an hour or so. My friend is one of the principals of the whole deal and it is going to be pretty nice when they are fully open.

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
@3997 ft sitting above Yucca Valley, California
Oh man that would be a blast... haha Joanna might kick YOUR butt :p :p LOL

I will throw it out there once we get a date!! Should be nice to ride there even during summer it doesn't get TOOOOO hot there... not like the desert at least :D

I'm in on the group thing Gabby...sounds like a great idea!! Keep me posted!

Baracudaaa

Reaction
Was he the guy with the go-pro camera on his helmet? I was standing there right at the end of the vid checking out the track (grey super duty with Utah plates). I went out for an hour or so. My friend is one of the principals of the whole deal and it is going to be pretty nice when they are fully open.

No, he velcros' on a HD vid cam to the side of his helmet to get better quality. The footage on the site is low res, but watching it on a real TV looks awesome.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
It would be really cool if they could add/build some more hills. It's so flat. Maybe some dirt "donations"?

Hayward Racing

Reaction
A guy I work with said he went out and almost everyone in his crew came home limpin.. Said there were some pretty serious crashes and injuries, hope everyone is ok.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i heard it wasnt a public day saturday? was that wrong? I have a few weekends befroe i can get out there but im super stoked on this track. how was the vet track? jumps? doubles? tables? whoops? whats the pro track like? big jumps?

Gregg

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
i heard it wasnt a public day saturday? was that wrong? I have a few weekends befroe i can get out there but im super stoked on this track. how was the vet track? jumps? doubles? tables? whoops? whats the pro track like? big jumps?

Gregg
Here are a couple of YouTube video's i found yesterday :D

Last edited by a moderator:

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
Website
stuck-throttle.com
LETS DO THIS!!!!! :):D:)

Im so excited to get out there!

How many people do we have that would be up for a big group day?

bikes? quads?
ill be on a bike since i dont have a quad

I've been on 2 wheels for almost 15 years now, I've race a couple desert races including the 500 but I've never been to a real MX track. I've ridden at most of the now defunct Palm tracks, gotten lapped by Mike Brown and other pros out there while they were practicing whenever the SX came to town, but again, I've never been to a real MX track. I just find it intimidating, thinking I might get in the way or something. Anyone got pointers for me?
I was going to try to go this weekend but I'm heading out the desert instead (conditioning for this years 500).

Matt D

Boy Toy
Reaction
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm in on my quad!! :D

Sweet!
I got my phone fixed gabby so ill text you later today

I've been on 2 wheels for almost 15 years now, I've race a couple desert races including the 500 but I've never been to a real MX track. I've ridden at most of the now defunct Palm tracks, gotten lapped by Mike Brown and other pros out there while they were practicing whenever the SX came to town, but again, I've never been to a real MX track. I just find it intimidating, thinking I might get in the way or something. Anyone got pointers for me?
I was going to try to go this weekend but I'm heading out the desert instead (conditioning for this years 500).

You definitely sound like you know what your doing on your bike. I have been riding on 2 wheels for 14 years (and im only 18) most of that has been on MX tracks though. The only thing you really need to look out for the riders that think there "the best out there" because they dont show much respect. Other than that just go out there, have fun and be safe

michael_loomis

Reaction
Awesome!! I'm glad we have a few new tracks to ride!

Hopefully they wont shut a few others down to make up for it!