Pala Raceway Opening April 18th

BGRANT

Reaction
i heard it wasnt a public day saturday? was that wrong? I have a few weekends befroe i can get out there but im super stoked on this track. how was the vet track? jumps? doubles? tables? whoops? whats the pro track like? big jumps?

Gregg

You heard wrong. The place is great.

200MPHTape

Reaction
I've been on 2 wheels for almost 15 years now, I've race a couple desert races including the 500 but I've never been to a real MX track. I've ridden at most of the now defunct Palm tracks, gotten lapped by Mike Brown and other pros out there while they were practicing whenever the SX came to town, but again, I've never been to a real MX track. I just find it intimidating, thinking I might get in the way or something. Anyone got pointers for me?
I was going to try to go this weekend but I'm heading out the desert instead (conditioning for this years 500).
Just hold your line! If your going threw some dbls, hold your line. Trust me, you run 20 minutes on a MX track and you will see how out of shape you are! Rest for 30 then go do it again, after 3-20 min sessions I get arm pump, and have to take a longer break.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Just hold your line! If your going threw some dbls, hold your line. Trust me, you run 20 minutes on a MX track and you will see how out of shape you are! Rest for 30 then go do it again, after 3-20 min sessions I get arm pump, and have to take a longer break.

X2 Just hold your line. The faster guys on the track will find a way around you for sure. When I first rode a MX track all friends my friends drilled that into my head. Also you might want to ride the Vet track not as intimidating as the big tracks.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i suck and usually stick to the vet tracks but Im down to go. i have about 5 friends who will probably frequent Pala. looks so much better then amago, elsinore, and cahuilla.

I have been riding at Competitive edge on the hillside track super fun and not gnarly.

shrek

Reaction
Ok, you guys win, I'm sold. I'm going to try for next friday or saturday.
Yeah, I was thinking Vet track too.

thanks!

I would like to go try it out on my quad.........I would be up for a weekday ride noon till sundown or something like that..............

Let me know if someone else is up for that.

Shrek

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
As dezertgirl mentioned earlier in her previous post we should all should all do a group ride get together at the track. I would like to meet some of you guys and gals since I've never attended a race before and hopefully one day I will. I should be able to ride in the next week or so once my finger heels.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Im contemplating skipping going to lake havasu just to go riding either may 2nd or 3rd. But im down for an RDC day at pala.

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I'd like to check it out also, Me and my g/f (Sunshine619 on RDC) might head up next week.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Here is a little update on the track hours!
Our current hours will be:
Day Hours: Tracks Open:
Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm Main/Vet/PeeWee/Mini/Quad
Sunday 9:00am - 4:00pm Main/Vet/PeeWee/Mini/Quad
Monday Closed
Tuesday Closed
Wednesday 2:00pm - 7:00pm Main/Vet/PeeWee/Mini/Quad
Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm Main/Vet/PeeWee/Mini (Quad track closed)
Friday 2:00pm - 7:00pm Main/Vet/PeeWee/Mini (Quad track closed)
Please check Palaraceway.com or 1-888-PALA-MX1 for updated schedule changes.

I was there last week just checking it out and the tracks that were opening seemed to be pretty killer I can't wait to ride next weekend!

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
I stopped by there yesterday and it all looked pretty cool. I was suprised how many riders were there in the middle of the week.