Palapaboy Racing ICC Caliente 250

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4clQb-n_Y"]YouTube - Palapaboy Racing Caliente 250 2009 Lap 1[/ame]

PALAPABOY

They just crossed start/finish.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Off the start is there a speed limit?? If not way didn't you hammer down!!!!!

Should of gave that buggy dork a little tap just to make shure he knew you were there!!!!!

norris1040

Well if you expect someone to hear a horn from 2 to 5 car lengths away your crazy there was times when they got close enough to maybe hear it but doubtful if you would have got close enough to give him just a little bumb he would have moved out of the way but that car did the right thing. when im in a limited car i dont get over until someone is right on me you can judge if there faster than you quick and move over because you dont want to hold anyone up by any means, but just because someone is back there doesnt mean they're faster. great video wish i could have been there.

no1hogoc

Awesome....looks like a great course for the little bit we saw. With 60 mile laps I am sure there is some real rough stuff out there. Great to get an early preview.

xterra

Well if you expect someone to hear a horn from 2 to 5 car lengths away your crazy there was times when they got close enough to maybe hear it but doubtful if you would have got close enough to give him just a little bumb he would have moved out of the way but that car did the right thing. when im in a limited car i dont get over until someone is right on me you can judge if there faster than you quick and move over because you dont want to hold anyone up by any means, but just because someone is back there doesnt mean they're faster. great video wish i could have been there.
sorry, but if someone is right behind you with repeated horns, and moments ago wasn't, it doesn't mean they're slower......

wstephens

Being that the cars start the race at intervals (15, 30, 45 seconds, whatever it is) and he ended up on the bumper of the buggy, I'd have to say he WAS faster. People need to realize that if another car CATCHES YOU, IN YOUR DUST, They ARE FASTER.
MOVE OVER!

TRON3000

Exactly correct, If someone is behind you, they caught you and deserve to get by. I would have tapped that buggy, I give the horn twice, tap once, then it is on at that point. And if you run after a nerf you are just an idiot and are asking for it. We are all racing the clock, dont screw someone because you don't want to let your ego get hurt. It will only result in your rear bumper and ego to be hurt. Dana you have got some serious patience.

norris1040

Being that the cars start the race at intervals (15, 30, 45 seconds, whatever it is) and he ended up on the bumper of the buggy, I'd have to say he WAS faster. People need to realize that if another car CATCHES YOU, IN YOUR DUST, They ARE FASTER.
MOVE OVER!
well what the video doesnt show is if that little buggy got by him before or what was going on. in snore i dont know how this works but since the number on the buggy was 1300 he should have started behind the pro classes because he is a sportsman. everyone said this truck has patience but like i said if you watch the video why didnt he get close enough for the guy to actually hear that horn or to even give him a bump. When he did get the closest to the car he didnt have the horn on but honks it 5 car lengths away. For those of you think i said just hold him up need to read the other post again. Real funny w.stephens says for people to pull over but my car has a big dent from his car at battle of primm 2 years ago.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Not to derail this post but the TL looks like a real blast my question is does anybody make a TH350 trans that has ALOT closer ratios for these little 4 bangers the engine sounds like a 16 car WOUND TO THE NADS shift BUHHHHHH Those things would really haul the mail if someone developed a close ratio trans and tightend up the converter a bit just my 2 cents.

AMS RACING

Just to clarify I was the co-driver in the car 1380. Palapaboy started about 5 minutes in front of us and close to the end of the first lap we passed him. The Stock Full you saw in the video slowed us down and Palapaboy was able to get back behind us. If you know anything about Oh my God hill there is no place to pull over on the last section of it. We saw Palapaboy behind us but made the decision to hammer down and keep moving. I don't feel we slowed him down at all because we never saw him again for the rest of the day. We were the faster car.

P.S. Great video. Caliente was great!

wstephens

........... Real funny w.stephens says for people to pull over but my car has a big dent from his car at battle of primm 2 years ago.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :eek:
Is the big dent from my car on your front bumper or rear bumper?

If it was on your front bumper then I would have to say you need a better front bumper because I don't remember anyone hitting me hard enough to matter. I only raced on Saturday so maybe it happened to one of my Pit Crew I let drive my car on Sunday. (they never mentioned it though)

If the big dent is on your rear bumper, Sir, in three years of racing, I can count on my fingers (not including thumbs) the number of people I have "nerfed". I don't recall hitting anyone. If you got hit by my car, it must have been Sunday. In any event, maybe you didn't hear my horn and I had to LET YOU KNOW i was there.

I am one of the MOST patient drivers out there. I can show you, on video, the dozens of times I have waited patiently, almost to a fault, for someone to move over.

The intent of my comment was not specific to the video shown on this thread as I know the area and understand that there was "no place to pull over". I also applaud Palapa Boy Racing for NOT nerfing someone when there is really no place to pull over.
My comment has more to do with racing off road in general AND your comment "but just because someone is back there doesnt mean they're faster." People need to put their egos in check and for the greater good of all racers, pull over a little and make room for someone faster. I still stand behind my comment that if someone catches you in your dust, regardless if you have already passed them once before, they are still faster (when they are moving). If you make room then the risk of someone damaging their car is reduced making it better for all concerned.

Ok, enough with the thread hijack.... Great In Car Video, that course is a blast and I was sorry to not race it this year.

PALAPABOY

Just to clarify I was the co-driver in the car 1380. Palapaboy started about 5 minutes in front of us and close to the end of the first lap we passed him. The Stock Full you saw in the video slowed us down and Palapaboy was able to get back behind us. If you know anything about Oh my God hill there is no place to pull over on the last section of it. We saw Palapaboy behind us but made the decision to hammer down and keep moving. I don't feel we slowed him down at all because we never saw him again for the rest of the day. We were the faster car.

P.S. Great video. Caliente was great!
We had fuel problems all day. The differnce was when you came behind us, I pulled over and it shouldn't have slowed you down a bit, but when we didn't have our fuel problem we were a lot faster than you! I just didn't wanna tap you on that downhill and hurt anybody in your car. That was a lot of fun! So if the rolls were reversed would you have hit me? I will post my downhill video from a different view and tell me if you slowed me down.

AMS RACING

We had fuel problems all day. The differnce was when you came behind us, I pulled over and it shouldn't have slowed you down a bit, but when we didn't have our fuel problem we were a lot faster than you! I just didn't wanna tap you on that downhill and hurt anybody in your car. That was a lot of fun! So if the rolls were reversed would you have hit me? I will post my downhill video from a different view and tell me if you slowed me down.
No, we would have never hit you on a downhill like that and we appreciate you not hitting us. Sorry about your fuel problem but we hope you had as much fun as we did.

ProfessionalPitMan

Obviously Dana, you were using the draft and that is how you caught him! No need to pull over and let somebody by who only caught you in the draft! Cool video! Came out better than any of the ones you have posted before! Where is the second half of the race?