Palapaboy Racing Norra TT

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Reaction
Dana Dague has started on the Raceco TT with the help of Jamie Campbell and Raceco along with Paul Ransom Hope to have it ready for the 9/13 Norra race but we will see
ugemy7aj.jpg
7a4ypy5a.jpg
. Any info about the Caxtex TT would be great PS we have named him Rusty hope to give this truck the life it should have rather then rust and be cut up ! After looking at Rusty he has so many things that are way ahead of its time can't wait til it's done !!

PALAPABOY

Reaction
Can't forget the drive home from Henderson
gagu6eza.jpg
. When the raptor says you're out of gas u are out of gas.

Pauly 303

Reaction
Neat! We used to paint the body when it belonged to Castex (Keith Jackson) way back when. They had a special kart for the front half of the body. It was the cab and front clip in one piece if I remember correctly. Did you get the kart in the deal?

mexracer10

Reaction
i have always loved that truck, is it the twin of the old Letner tt? Either way when Tieman had it i used to take pics of it all the time, might have to dig some up, from the ol shoe box.

Broncodawg

Reaction
Missed the gas pump by that much! haha! Best of luck getting it to Norra! Between the Datsun and now this it's gonna get busy! Have to try and get down to your shop on a weekend soon.

harleys dad

Reaction
Dana Dague has started on the Raceco TT with the help of Jamie Campbell and Raceco along with Paul Ransom Hope to have it ready for the 9/13 Norra race but we will see
ugemy7aj.jpg
7a4ypy5a.jpg
. Any info about the Caxtex TT would be great PS we have named him Rusty hope to give this truck the life it should have rather then rust and be cut up ! After looking at Rusty he has so many things that are way ahead of its time can't wait til it's done !!
There can only be 1 Rusty and thats my daily driver 68 bug LOL I remember when that was on the frame jig at Race-co, good to see it again. Everything David did on open cars was ahead of its time

PALAPABOY

Reaction
Dave do you Remember what year it was made I thought mid 80s
ubamesaz.jpg

harleys dad

Reaction
Dave do you Remember what year it was made I thought mid 80s
ubamesaz.jpg
I think it was 88ish if I remember rite, I was picking up my new race-co frame at the time(I have had 3) and it was 87-88 infact it was the very first new desing 1600 and it was the worse car I ever had. Cam Steel and I broke it in half at the Nevada 400(old Mint) in 91.

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Gonna be a fun reconstruction and Im stoked to be involved to help bring back the Raceco legacy!!!

PALAPABOY

Reaction
Any new updates post them up

RANSOM

Reaction
Any new updates post them up

dont really post so here goes nothing!

The first is a picture of us loading the truck up to take to RaceCo. notice the full droop, almost 37" of ground clearance. The second is after the fuel cell was removed. Third is a rear shot with pass shocks off. fourth and fifth are the rear diff and trans. Sixth and eighth are of all the rear suspension removed. Seventh is the rear trailing arms that replaced the double a arms. The ninth is the cv inside the diff, serious 30 and the tenth is the rear diff.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 1,242
  • IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,216
Last edited:

PALAPABOY

Reaction
It's not a lot to update but here you go. Danny Rudd and I have about 30 hrs of cutting and sanding on old Rusty
gapevymu.jpg
mazuga3a.jpg
uruburuh.jpg
yme7ebus.jpg

mexracer10

Reaction
I could stare at this thing for days...keep the pics coming....even if its just rust.....its gold for someone like me.

PBR

Reaction
Castex Rentals is right down the street from my work and I've been in there a few times, lots of pics of the old TT when it was silver. You might just be able to call over there and talk to one of the owners, I think it's still family owned.

http://www.castexrentals.com/

jsallenbach

Reaction
Letners truck was built by Henry Bergdahl and mike smith after Henry left Raceco in 89. Had the same s-10 body style, irs rear end and originally a v6. I do believe both trucks were being built around the same time. I remember seeing pics at Letner when there truck was being built and they had an indy car designer there who did all the cad drawings.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Larry Ragland (S10 Chevy), Danny Letner (S10 Chevy), Ivan Stewart (Toyota) and Frank Vessels (Nissan) all had a-arm rear suspension around the same time period but it seemed only Ivans Toyota was the only one that really had it figured out. Of course Robby Gordon, Jim Smith and Paul & Dave Simon built their version of the modern day TT's to run in class 1 and showed that the live axle was a lot easier to work with and handled the big holes a lot better than any a-arm type rear suspension. 1988-1991.

PALAPABOY

Reaction
Castex Rentals is right down the street from my work and I've been in there a few times, lots of pics of the old TT when it was silver. You might just be able to call over there and talk to one of the owners, I think it's still family owned.

http://www.castexrentals.com/
I gave them a call today Had a great talk Thanks for the info