Palm Pre vs. iPhone

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I updgraded to my Palm Pre today, cool little phone, wayyy better than my Instinct.

We almost got the new iPhones for $99 but our monthly would have gone way up for both phones, I have 4 phones on my account and it costs me less than it would for 2 iPhones

Anyone get one? Comments?

Shaggy

Reaction
Ordering a Iphone. Like the set-up better plus sticking with ATT for trips down south. My Nokia is worthless.

CHASER

Reaction
I got a Blackberry Bold a few months ago and love it. User friendly and great functionality. I wasn't a fan of the Iphone at all.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I recently witched from the iPhone to the new Blackberry Curve. Loved the iPhone other than it freezing up on my on a weekly basis and me scrambling for a computer to restore my phone.

But I really am happy with my new Curve. Haven't had a Palm in years. All about the blackberry son.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Iphone bill can be expensive I agree. But, it sure is handy sometimes. This new update the 3.0 or whatever has some pretty cool stuff. How's the battery life on the palm?

michael_loomis

Reaction
What our your guys average cell bills? I'm pretty much over seeing mine every month.. lol.. might say goodbye to all the unlimiteds on my phone..

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Dosent Sprint have that $99/month for unlimited everything. That seems like a good deal huh?

michael_loomis

Reaction
I have Verizon, and Verizons 99 dollar plan is unlimited calling.. then add texting for 20 and then 20 more for unlimited net.. lol

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Time to switch to Sprint it sounds like. Sprint and Verizon have mostly the same phones.....and you can keep your #\

$99
Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide - unlimited text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and of course, talk - on one simple plan.

This plan includes
Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
Unlimited talk: Unlimited anytime minutes, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

michael_loomis

Reaction
Time to switch to Sprint it sounds like. Sprint and Verizon have mostly the same phones.....and you can keep your #

$99
Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide - unlimited text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and of course, talk - on one simple plan.

This plan includes
Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
Unlimited talk: Unlimited anytime minutes, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
This is NOT a good selling point! lol

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
IMO they have some of the most kick ass phones. They dont have the iPhone but they have the Pre now which looks pretty cool plus they have the Touch Pro which I love...they have a lot of good phones.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Verizon hands down has the WORST phones out. I used Verizon from March 03 till Nov 08. I loved their service but now I have AT&T, i really like that AT&T works south of the border, Verizon didnt. I love my iPhone best phone out IMO. I pay $95 a month with 450 mins plus roll over and now Im over 1000 roll over mins, I have unlimited texting also which is $20, so without texting I would pay $20 less.

3G RACING

Reaction
I have Verizon, and Verizons 99 dollar plan is unlimited calling.. then add texting for 20 and then 20 more for unlimited net.. lol
Yeah the phone companies are pretty good at sticking it to you!!
I got the iPhone and at the 500 I was in the middle of BFE, nothing but cattle around and my chick calls me to chew my ear off!!!
I think that's the only time you wish the frigging phone wouldn't work!!

Shaggy

Reaction
Yeah the phone companies are pretty good at sticking it to you!!
I got the iPhone and at the 500 I was in the middle of BFE, nothing but cattle around and my chick calls me to chew my ear off!!!
I think that's the only time you wish the frigging phone wouldn't work!!
What was the GPS for the BFE, if you don't mind me asking?:D

absolutmotoxxx

Reaction
AT&T has the WORST network out there..... At&t would kick ass if they had such a great network as Sprint does....

and yes, Sprint has a $99 monthly charge for unlimited everything....

i have verizon .... but i work for a company that sells sprint wireless and wireline products, and they're S-H-I-T is top notch no doubt.

racechase01

Reaction
Been with AT&T since before they became Cingular and then changed back to AT&T. Not perfect but none of them are. Just picked up the new Blackberry Curve 8900 the other day and all I can say is this is a bad ass phone! It has a 3.2mp camera and WI-FI (which work's great). I wasn't a big BB fan before but they are good solid reliable phones and I am glad I got it. It plays video beautiful on the 480x360-pixel screen. To me the whole touch screen thing is over rated.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/

CHASER

Reaction
I've been with ATT for a while. The network works fine for me. Maybe it depends on the phone? Kinda have to have them if you spend a lot of time in Baja.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Iphone bill can be expensive I agree. But, it sure is handy sometimes. This new update the 3.0 or whatever has some pretty cool stuff. How's the battery life on the palm?
I'm on my pre right now, haven't charged it since this morning :) (Thursday morning...)

As far as the phone itself, I've only had it 2 days and its awesome! I was pretty much over the touchscreen keyboard on my Instinct, I get the best of both worlds with the pre.

And for plans, for 99 bucks you get unlimited everything but it only works for a single line, I have 3 lines and pay about 150 with insurance for 1500 mins, unlimited texts and data