Palm Springs Raceway

sweetdevil

Reaction
Hey, I may NOT live in the Crappiest place on earth...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.psir.com>Palm Springs International Raceway</A>

Phase one has a 1 mile motoX track, 2.5 mile offroad track arena, bmx track, 1/4 mile drag strip, oval track, driving and racing school... I don't think there's a whole lot that could make me happier than that thing opening up...

I'm on cloud nine today!!!

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

redline

Reaction
that will be bad a$$! do you have any idea on when they are actually going to start building it?

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
This sounds suspiciously like the project that Frank Arciero was spearheading back in the early 90's.

I wonder whom is really behind it.

Reese

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
They have been trying ever sence the Arceros.It will be off Ramon road in 1000 palms .The last i heard they have the money to bould but need the money to sponser it.Hope it goes.Thanks 11 Brothers racing

martininsocal

Reaction
Dennis- what they don't have is the environemnatl clearance they will need. There is a push to make a vast track of land running up both sides of Palm Canyon and all the sand between Thousand palms and Washington preserve(I know much of it already is a preserve) Guthrie and several others keep floating this idea in the local papers about every 3 years. They missed the baot the first time, not the Cenetr for Biological Diversity has a shop just up the jill in Idyllwild, Daniel Patterson will file lots of lawsuits and spend lots of money before they ever turn dirt.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
The other problem is golfers and rich old basterds.The people in palm springs dont want us kind of people .fun loving dirt people.Thats why they voted out arcearos track.but if they want one more golf course they get it.I work in these golf clubs every day and the people are gone all the time.They are complaning about dust all the time .We live in the desert.Dust is going to blow.They are still having meetings trying to get it going.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Golf is great!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

sweetdevil

Reaction
I have lived in Palm Desert for 17 years, and not once have I ever been golfing...

The old people and rich snowbirds are awful... every construction site in the valley has a big sign that says "If you see dust coming from this project, call this number" and it's something like a $10,000 fine... We live in the DESERT.... dust happens... But then it gets into all of the pools that have million dollar waterfalls surrounding them. This is probably just a dream, but I would love to see more younger people in this desert, It's just old people and... um, "the typical Palm Springs male" is a politically correct term, I think.... They don't like us young troublemakers, so I'll keep headin to the dezert, OC, and SD to play with people my age.

martininsocal

Reaction
Devil- whats a matter with the Cat City/Palm Springs Men? Why don't you try DHS!? Lots of guys up there that will crash into the curb grabbing a glance of you! Just don't wear Red, the Crips are back in town with a vengeance. Seriously, just head up the road to the outlet Centers in Cabazon.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

sirhk100

Reaction
Rubber was in Palm Springs this summer for a weekend. I went to it and it was a blast. Probably the only fun thing that happened in the town since Spring Break was run outta there. Oh well, that's why I probably won't move there. Ain't nothin better then either going slummin at the bars in PB or getting crazy with the money downtown!!!! Damn, I love SD

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

jeff

Reaction
I lived in Palm Desert for a year and it was a bad joke. I was there because I "did" play Golf and was starting the long road to becoming a teaching PGA pro down there. The heat was terrible. The drug scene was in full effect and the chicano gangs were starting to get ugly - noticable late at night and not to be messed with. My fokes had bought a place down there and on one side we had a middle-aged lesbian couple... the other side were middle-aged male partners. In the back of the house on the other side of a tall fence was a large house that had a mix of "curious" people living in it. I wasn't used to it at first and was pretty uncomfortable with it all... after a couple months nothing in that town surprised me anymore. It was probably good for me because now I don't even really notice "it" when I see it. No offense to anyone that lives there... but if anyone crashes into a curb it's probably because they are trying to get the hell out of there as fast as they can.

"Palm Springs: Heaven to visit... Hell to live there."

Aloha

sweetdevil

Reaction
My favorite license plate frame : "Heaven is.... Coachella Valley in my rear view mirror"
It's the truth, every time I come back here, I wonder why. Coming home from Glamis today sucked... I wanted to go back. And it was windy as hell in glamis, so there wasn't much to be missed... lol
As for the Palm Springs/Cat City men, not a lot of them are heterosexual, and if they are, they shouldn't be... lol, as for DHS men, they love blondes, but they're far from the white trash I'm accustomed to... lol They're pretty far from white altogether.
So as you can see, I too love Palm Desert, and think this race track would be an awful idea.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Its not really that bad i live in Indio. I am one hour away from the river,the city,or the beach,The best part for me is i can drive down my street and be in the wash .Or heading out to Dillion road.I like it here.no not the tinker bells.The wheather makes up for it .I can test my car anytime i want .

martininsocal

Reaction
Dennis- an hour from the beach? The Salton Sea doesn't count my friend! I am closer than you and it takes me 2 hours to get there!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

poolman

Reaction
I love dust in pools.poolman

Trophy Trailer #27T
Ragen Racing of Arizona

sweetdevil

Reaction
I can get to Oceanside in an hour... yes, san diego is further away... but this is a pretty central location. No Traffic, a ton of riding when it's cool out, and we're really close to the river. Indio is a step up from DHS... lol, j/k but it's still the coachella valley. Maybe I should start golfing. Or find some rich golfer to buy all my toys for me...

sirhk100

Reaction
Every girl needs a sugar daddy at one time!!!!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
They have been trying to get this racetrack going since the demise of Riverside. I went to the hearings for the proposed track originally and it was a joke. There were only a few of us to represent the off roaders and this was back in the late 80`s. The city council didnt even take our concerns into account and how much revenue it would bring in. Just the noise and booze and drug use. The Coachella valley kinda dried up literally there for a while after Sonny Bono chased out all the kids for spring break. Invited the "alternative lifestyle" folks in and that was it for spring break. As far as the race track goes, gonna be ahrad pressed to get around the environmental issues there. The fringe toed lizard and other animals are gonna keep that from happening. Whats funny is how the golf courses and condos keep going up in the places where I used to get tickets for riding by 3 wheeler and dirt bike. What a friggen joke. I hope they build it, I wouldnt go to Vegas and place any bets that it will happen anytime soon....

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Vtr Racing.com</A>