Palmdale to Barstow to Vegas Dual Sport Ride

RacerX

Reaction
Is anyone on here doing the Palmdale to Barstow to Vegas ride in November? My brother and I are going to do it. It will be our first time doing this ride. Just seeing if anyone on RDC is going to be there.

Chase 2

Reaction
I used to do this ride years ago on a XL250. Also back years ago Team Dual Dogs used to put on a return ride so you could get a full 4 days of riding in. They called it the Irondog 1000, by the time we finished we called it the Ironbutt 1000.

A couple of years ago I know a guy who did it on a vintage 50cc Tahatzu.

This is him at the finish. Note the cardboard box that he used to carry a spare piston, rings & cyl !!!

Super easy ride, lots of power line roads, you could do it on a BMW GS1200 Adventure bike.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
I used to do this ride years ago on a XL250. Also back years ago Team Dual Dogs used to put on a return ride so you could get a full 4 days of riding in. They called it the Irondog 1000, by the time we finished we called it the Ironbutt 1000.

This is him at the finish. Note the cardboard box that he used to carry a spare piston, rings & cyl !!!

Super easy ride, lots of power line roads, you could do it on a BMW GS1200 Adventure bike.
I wanna do it. You up for it old man?

RacerX

Reaction
I have heard from others that it isnt that bad of a ride, just long and dusty. Mostly all fire roads with one rocky section on the second day on the way to vegas.

Chase 2

Reaction
I wanna do it. You up for it old man?

I've still got my plated XR600 and it's the weekend after the 1000 so I could manage. The hard part is getting someone to come drag you & your scooter home from Vegas.

You wouldn't want to do it on your slowzuki tard, it would get dirty.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
I've still got my plated XR600 and it's the weekend after the 1000 so I could manage. The hard part is getting someone to come drag you & your scooter home from Vegas.

F it just turn around and ride back. Im not using the tard, im usin your 450x with my tard plates on it

RacerX

Reaction

Whats wrong with a "slowsuki"? I am going to do the ride on my DRZ 400.

Chase 2

Reaction
Whats wrong with a "slowsuki"? I am going to do the ride on my DRZ 400.
What's wrong with a Slowzuki? Heck, I'd rather ride that 50cc Tahatzu than a Zuki!!! I personally never buy Zukis or Kawis (same company now anyway). Hondas and Yams all day long, but no yellow or green for me LOL!!! Personal experience with riding on and off road for over 40 years keeps me away.

RacerX

Reaction
Thats cool. Its my first bike. Im not that good of a rider yet to know the difference between bikes, besides the obvious weight difference. I rode my friends Cr450 and could tell a huge difference between the bikes, but then again mine is an enduro and his is a track bike. I use my bike to commute to work also. Once I get better on the bike I am going to get a CRx450.

If you do the ride, ill wave as you pass me.LOL

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Me and my buddy Pat are planning on doing it. Just gotta sign up with the AMA. Were doing it on 530's but think we will skip the Palmdale part and join up in Barstow.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
What's wrong with a Slowzuki? Heck, I'd rather ride that 50cc Tahatzu than a Zuki!!! I personally never buy Zukis or Kawis (same company now anyway). Hondas and Yams all day long, but no yellow or green for me LOL!!! Personal experience with riding on and off road for over 40 years keeps me away.
BLA BLA BLA. At least my slowsuki gets ridden. You need help getting all the dust off those bikes? Not trail dust, dust from the ceiling of the garage

Chase 2

Reaction
Its true, I don't ride the 450 or the 600 enough.

I'm buying Ural Safari, we could strap on an ice chest full of beer and it could be a traveling party and an adventure all rolled into one!

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction

I'm buying Ural Safari, we could strap on an ice chest full of beer and it could be a traveling party and an adventure all rolled into one!

Lets do it. Ill drink you drive

Kandy

Reaction

Hey I know that guy!! He has been at Lobby Days for D37 every year I have gone. Hubby did the LA-B-V Dual Sport ride a few years ago. We met him in Barstow and spent the night, then headed out the next morning for Vegas. Fun weekend except for the drive home... He said trails were easy, Red Rock Canyon stuff was unbelievable and the only sucky part was the slow speed stuff in the tortoise zones.

I believe Paul Krause turned around and rode back the next day on the bike... but then again "Monster" is an animal!

RacerX

Reaction

Good, that way I know where the beer will be and who to follow. Make sure you are fast with it. I dont like my beer warm.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
D-37 Barstow to Vegas dual sport ride.. is still on and is it a good ride.. I have an AZ plated KTM 520

Total Loss

Reaction
I may consider it this year.
Chase- you really buying that pinko commie neanderthal?

El Hueso

Reaction
Sounds like a great time. What is the turn around time before guys start heading back on the trail from Vegas? Is there anymore information online about the ride? I will have to look into doing this possibly this year on the XR400.