pararie city short course

NORCALf150

Reaction
does anyone know if it will be closed tommorow?? i figured it might be cause of the race next week.....

the faster i go the smother it is

curt

Reaction
Nope, its a state park, its only closed on the days the park is closed (monday and tuesday I think) and for race weekends VORRA takes posession of the track on Saturday morning. We used to do a little testing on friday before the race when we needed to, but it used to torque some people a bit that we might be tearing up the beautifully groomed track although we tried to keep it to a minimum to avoid any hard feelings. The track doesn't usually get groomed until wed or thursday I believe, call the ranger station, they groom it and can tell you whats up. They also don't care when you run but they do ask you to use a little care on non race weekends since there's no ambulance or spotters and the mud boggers like to run across the track so use a spotter and a radio if you can. Curt

VORRA Class 7

NORCALf150

Reaction
thanks curt me and another friend are taking bolth are trucks up to romp around so ill make sure someone will spot, i thought maybe vorra took the track for the whole week thinking that it would give them plenty of time to get it preped....guess not, great oppertunity to play on a groomed course next monday....se yea at the race..

J_Dog

Reaction
Prairie City OHV - (916) 985-7378. Last year they were open 8am-7pm everyday, except closed on Wednesdays & Thursdays. That was their summer hours, though. Give them a call for their current schedule. They are very helpful. $4.00 per vehicle to go into park, pretty cheap.

Jeff Matlock
<font color=red>Law Dogz Off-Road Racing</font color=red>
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

NORCALf150

Reaction
yea jeff we went up there on sunday was a complete mug bog i could barley get my truck up there it was so nasty but if it stays dry ill be there monday for sure, there was 2 people trying to test, and 4 bucks is well worth it for a day of fun plus u get lotsa looks driving out there in my truck

curt

Reaction
Sorry, I forgot about the mud bog. The clay really holds water and if you get any measurable amount of rain you need to wait about a week for it to come back, even then there will be places you need to go around cuase they are low and hold the water just about forever. The best time to practice is between the 1st 2 races races(if it doesn't rain) or after the 2nd one because the track was groomed for race day and it will hold its shape fairly well. We've been trying to get a practice/fun day after the 2nd race for about 3 years now, maybe this year we can get it together if anyone is interested...Curt

VORRA Class 7

NORCALf150

Reaction
pm me curt if that date falls thru, ill come up and play with u guys for sure

Big_Rich

Reaction
The park assured me that they are going to prep (park style) on Tuesday and wed. We plan on doing our own work thursday and friday.

Rich

www.vorra.com