Parker 250 Prep Rides

Reaction
FYI
Usually the 250 is the first race of the year and the course starts out nice and smooth. This year the 425 is a couple weeks before so the trucks and buggies are going to beat the crap out of the course before the bikes get to see it. The course will probably be more like how you preran it the first time after the BWDC

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
With the races being swapped this year I am curious how bad the course will be by February. I bet they will blade some sections in between. Not a guarantee, but look for the race to not start and finish on the reservation. I expect the CRIT lockdown to be in place into March but we will see.

xxxshiftxxx

Reaction
Looks like the course start and finish will be changed and no CRIT land is being used. This will shorten the laps. I am sure they will blade it after the 425, but if not, it will be a wild ride.

I will be at the 425 and will head out a few times after the 425 to ride and will report back if they are blading it. Course restrictions do not start until Feb 17th at noon, so I plan on riding it up to then.

Dhigbee

Reaction
Looks like the course start and finish will be changed and no CRIT land is being used. This will shorten the laps. I am sure they will blade it after the 425, but if not, it will be a wild ride.

I will be at the 425 and will head out a few times after the 425 to ride and will report back if they are blading it. Course restrictions do not start until Feb 17th at noon, so I plan on riding it up to then.
I am up for a ride out there after the legacy race . I will make contact early in that week and maybe we can connect

rustyb

Reaction
I am also considering racing IMA. Not much info on the BITD site; do the UTVs start before or after us? I’m old and slow and will be passed and just wondering how much I have to be watching behind me.

Fourstroker

Reaction
They usually start the bikes at dawn and the SXS race near noon. Most are done before there are SXS on the course

xxxshiftxxx

Reaction
Chrome Speedo and I will be in Parker on the weekend of the 30,31 to get some laps in if anyone else is interested.

Also, does anyone know if we can use a rug as the fuel mat? BITD rules say "some form of approved fuel containment mat under the vehicle when fueling" I guess the word "approved" confuses me.

Thanks

Fourstroker

Reaction
Thats what i always used

JDDurfey

Reaction
If using a carpet I believe it is supposed to have some sort of rubber liner or plastic. I think a large "welcome mat" sort of thing with rubber on the bottom would be approved.

scootin newton

Reaction
I am also considering racing IMA. Not much info on the BITD site; do the UTVs start before or after us? I’m old and slow and will be passed and just wondering how much I have to be watching behind me.
just hold your line and you will be fine. again, hold your line...

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Guys, if you struggle with hydration, or even if you don't...LiquidAider.com gives you hydration at the push of a button. Trophy trucks to Class 11. Bikes and UTVs. We all need to drink and hydrate. It might just make the difference in your finish position. See you at the Parker 250. Please come see LiquidAider and say hello.

dezert_nerd

Reaction
Final report before the upcoming race:

If they do not blade it, be ready for some crap.... The 425 did a number on the course... Focus and pick good lines... Be patient in the dust.... Have fun...

Good luck everyone!
I doubt BITD won’t blade the course. They’ve always been pretty good about ensuring it’s relatively smooth. No guarantees of course but Parker is typically one of the easier races during the season.