• Forum membership has its advantages....

Parker 250

bobylax

I was thinking of not breaking out the camera this year, and just sitting back and watching some great racing. Let the pros get the really cool, great shots. It's just a hobby for me, and I enjoy posting them up here. Every year there are fewer and fewer views of pictures I post, so thought I'd give it a rest this year, concentrate on my check point duties, and watch you guys go by. I've always enjoyed shooting the Handlebar guys, I was one, and though pretty generic, got pleasure taking them. Who knows, I may get the itch to grab a few shots. Hope all of you guys find what you want under the tree, have a merry Christmas, and here's to an epic 2017. Boooyah!!!

Fourstroker

Bummer. I was always enjoy seeing your shots and hearing your stories. I will be racing again this year but back in the Ironman class. Hope you change your mind and thanks for all of your voluteer time.

bobylax

Enjoy the race!!
Thanks Kent. I thought I saw you guys entered for this one, now off the entry list. How is Steven progressing? Hope to see you guys out there.

trentk

I never entered, no more BITD for me I can't afford it anymore. I am looking to sell all my quads right now in fact. Although I am going to do vulture mine next weekend, can't pass up my hometown race.

Steven is ok, his memory is not great and I am not sure if he will work again. I hope he moves to Phoenix and looks for a job he needs to get out more.

Romero

thanks @bobylax, I only did the race a couple time but sure appreciated your photos. Hope it's a good race to watch "in person" haha

Fourstroker

I know Mikes Race Photo was there

Fourstroker

IMG_0044.JPG

A little dark prerace
IMG_0045.JPG

Last shot of me and Casey at the Start
IMG_0046.JPG

My short race report for O25. First time riding the Expert Class. Course was fun. Wash was easy and fun but big rocks everywhere. Graded roads out of Midway were sticky and therefore extremely fast. Had fun dicing with 353 and one of the Pro Quads on lap 2 through there. We all led at one point in time. The Jeep trail was as rough as I have ever seen it and lasted longer than I remember. Section past the Shea Road loop was also rougher than I remembered. I had 3 clean fuel stops and finished with zero issues...except not riding fast enough. Rode about as hard as this old body can. At 45 I got smoked by the youngins. I'm OK with that. V2R might be next for me with the rest of our team.

Attachments

Last edited: