• Forum membership has its advantages....

Parker 250

Rslhc

Role call, anyone racing the 250 in a couple weeks? I was planning to and things fell through with the rest of my team. Thinking of going anyways to hang out and could be available to help pit for some bike teams if needed. If nothing else I’ll cheer on some RDC folk. I’m local in Havasu

Big Whitey

Hey there, I’m in Havasu also or at least part time. I typically volunteer for BITD at the Parker races as retrieval’s so if you want to see it from the other side and help outside the pits I probably have a open seat in my Raptor.
PM me and let me know if interested

Doug.

I just signed up today, Ironman Am o99. I might need a hand in main pit if you're available then. My wife probably won't be able to come out to this one, she usually pits me at main.

Rslhc

Hey there, I’m in Havasu also or at least part time. I typically volunteer for BITD at the Parker races as retrieval’s so if you want to see it from the other side and help outside the pits I probably have a open seat in my Raptor.
PM me and let me know if interested
Interesting offer. The team I rode with at the 1000 DNF'd and we spent most of the night on recovery efforts. Not sure I'm up for a day of all recovery. lol. I'll keep it in mind and hit you up though.
I just signed up today, Ironman Am o99. I might need a hand in main pit if you're available then. My wife probably won't be able to come out to this one, she usually pits me at main.
Hmm, ok, shoot me your info via PM and we can chat.

Big Whitey

Lol can’t say I blame you, my class 5 probably passed your team somewhere in the night at the 1k. Hope your guy wasn’t the one stuck forever at about 650 or so, that guy was there for a long long time

Rslhc

No, we broke in a super inconvenient spot around 473. Our dude was there for a long time getting passed by TT's though while we worked back down south from where we were supposed to do our next rider change, and then figure out how to get in to him. Fun times. My first race in Baja, and I definitely learned and was surprised at how much work it is to DNF a race. haha

nickybobby333

Ill be racing Ironman Expert. Kind of bummed they bumped Expert down to 2 laps instead of 3 from previous years. Signed up with expectation of doing 250 miles but have to settle for 170. Oh well, I guess I should read the fine print more before registering.

Fourstroker

It’s been that way for awhile. I raced IE 3 years ago and it was 2 laps then and 2 years before that as well. Ironman Pro is 3 laps

Dustino81

It’s been that way for awhile. I raced IE 3 years ago and it was 2 laps then and 2 years before that as well. Ironman Pro is 3 laps
BITD is running an Ironman Pro class now ? I thought it was just expert and amateur. Been a few years since I raced BITD

Fourstroker

Yep. Think they started the IM pro class in 2019. May have been 2018

bobylax

I'll be taking some pix from our check point in Osborne Wash, at mile 10.8. I'll post some up after the race.