Parker 425 Mile Marker 4/130 @@PICTURES@@

B. R C Arrow

Reaction
I wish I new, that's not me lol. I'm 6017 not 6107.

bobylax

Reaction
10-4. What do you shoot on? At major events I am shooting with both my wife and son and we have two Canon 40Ds and a 7D, then I bought a 7D mkII and SL1 over the black Friday sales, but we haven't used those at events yet. I wanted something lighter for my wife and hope the SL1 will work well for her.

I know that Canon has a loyalty program where they offer a discount toward a refurb Canon camera to replace your broken Canon. They also have pretty reasonable repair rates. I would think Nikon has something similar...

Both of our 40Ds are now reserved for backup duties so if you are interested and it would help you out PM me an offer...
It's a Nikon Coolpix P510. Middle of the road automatic digital, it was the most my wife would let me spend for a "desert race" camera. As you know, the desert can be harsh on cameras, and I'm hard on cameras out there as well, and especially if something race related comes up and I need to run off, I don't stow it away safely, and it will sometimes end up bouncing around on the seat of the RZR. I've had it for over 7 years, and as much dust it has eaten, and the abuse I've put it through, I'm surprised it lasted this long!! My back-up camera is a Kodak 4mp Easy Share, which isn't much of a back up at all! A lot of times, I'm solo, or my wife is taking a break, or like with this w/end she was in the trailer sick with the flu, I'm taking pictures with one hand and writing down #'s with the other. So I need kind of a point and shoot semi-automatic camera. I should have something I can use for the Mint, but I do appreciate your offer.

bobylax

Reaction
Happen to snap any of 1078?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Here's the only one I got.
DSCN9987.JPG

bobylax

Reaction
I didn't make it to qualifying, and did not see the 1505 on race day, sorry.

mebedb1

Reaction
I didn't make it to qualifying, and did not see the 1505 on race day, sorry.
Thanks, I didn't race with him but did qualify co-dawg...4th.
BTW, your camera saw the car, you've got a shot in the first batch

bobylax

Reaction
Thanks, I didn't race with him but did qualify co-dawg...4th.
BTW, your camera saw the car, you've got a shot in the first batch
You're right, I missed the car # down by the "A" arms.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
It's a Nikon Coolpix P510. Middle of the road automatic digital, it was the most my wife would let me spend for a "desert race" camera. As you know, the desert can be harsh on cameras, and I'm hard on cameras out there as well, and especially if something race related comes up and I need to run off, I don't stow it away safely, and it will sometimes end up bouncing around on the seat of the RZR. I've had it for over 7 years, and as much dust it has eaten, and the abuse I've put it through, I'm surprised it lasted this long!! My back-up camera is a Kodak 4mp Easy Share, which isn't much of a back up at all! A lot of times, I'm solo, or my wife is taking a break, or like with this w/end she was in the trailer sick with the flu, I'm taking pictures with one hand and writing down #'s with the other. So I need kind of a point and shoot semi-automatic camera. I should have something I can use for the Mint, but I do appreciate your offer.

GREAT job with the pics using a point-n-shoot!!!! Maybe look into one of the ruggedized "weatherproof" cameras for your next one. They can handle your abuse and fit in a pocket pretty easily... We have a Fuji XP or something like that, that we use in the water and stuff like that... I know Nikon, Canon and others make them too.

I've shot in the desert as well as here locally covering rock races and I know how hard the environment is on the equipment. Doing what you do, adding to the difficulty I can fully see why the simpler camera is better for you. Take a look at the Nikon and Canon direct websites and check out their refurbished products, Nikon only offers a 90 day warranty, but Canon gives a full year on their refurbs. I have been told that much of the "Refurbished" products are simply overstock returns from large vendors like Best Buy and such that have never been used... I have purchased a number of Canon refurb products and they looked and worked as new and I saved a ton!!!

bobylax

Reaction
GREAT job with the pics using a point-n-shoot!!!! Maybe look into one of the ruggedized "weatherproof" cameras for your next one. They can handle your abuse and fit in a pocket pretty easily... We have a Fuji XP or something like that, that we use in the water and stuff like that... I know Nikon, Canon and others make them too.

I've shot in the desert as well as here locally covering rock races and I know how hard the environment is on the equipment. Doing what you do, adding to the difficulty I can fully see why the simpler camera is better for you. Take a look at the Nikon and Canon direct websites and check out their refurbished products, Nikon only offers a 90 day warranty, but Canon gives a full year on their refurbs. I have been told that much of the "Refurbished" products are simply overstock returns from large vendors like Best Buy and such that have never been used... I have purchased a number of Canon refurb products and they looked and worked as new and I saved a ton!!!
Thanks for the info. I'll look into that option.