Parker 425 NOT cancelled

BajaFand

Reaction
What does BITD/BLM plan to do about the hundreds of snowbird campers in their “spectator areas” and main pit areas that have been there since October overlooking Osborne Wash on the bluff?

ErikIrvine

Reaction
What does BITD/BLM plan to do about the hundreds of snowbird campers in their “spectator areas” and main pit areas that have been there since October overlooking Osborne Wash on the bluff?
They can help us with our tire changes in the pit

92OCHO

Reaction
I’ve never had a Facebook page.........
I guess that’s where the info is 🤔🤔🤔

im told

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
No one should have to pay a dime to be on federal land, no snowbird pays to camp out there. This is a money grab and should not happen!

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
This appears to be a BITD charge. I believe it is a way of limiting the amount of people coming to spectate and make money at that same time. Hopefully BITD will give a true story on the matter, however at this point its all BS and it is souring a lot of fans and racers to the new regime.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
I pay 5,000,000 dimes to be on public land.

BITD is certainly paying more than a shoebox full.

How does that math tie out in your perspective?

Are you arguing that we all pay taxes so businesses should be able to use it for free?

Or are arguing that our public land should never be able to used for business ventures?

Or, my personal favorite, since you pay taxes you have the RIGHT to free entertainme
The bottom line is the government 'rents' the land to all kinds of businesses every day. Most take place every day and they never affect you...grazing, minimg, photo shoots, product testing, movie sets, and yes...racing.

Do you walk into McDonalds and ask if the hamburger was made from beef that grazed on BLM land so you should get it for free?

I know its not popular, but the upside is, no one is forcing you to go to a race. Or eat McDonalds.

Flame on

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
This appears to be a BITD charge. I believe it is a way of limiting the amount of people coming to spectate and make money at that same time. Hopefully BITD will give a true story on the matter, however at this point its all BS and it is souring a lot of fans and racers to the new regime.
Hit like instead of reply.

Did you ever stop to think why the race is not always based off BLM land? Probably because it costs alot more than working with the tribe. BITD is working their butts off to even give you a place to race and/or watch.

The entitlement is strong in this thread.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction

Are you arguing that we all pay taxes so businesses should be able to use it for free?

Or are arguing that our public land should never be able to used for business ventures?

Or, my personal favorite, since you pay taxes you have the RIGHT to free entertainme
The bottom line is the government 'rents' the land to all kinds of businesses every day. Most take place every day and they never affect you...grazing, minimg, photo shoots, product testing, movie sets, and yes...racing.

Do you walk into McDonalds and ask if the hamburger was made from beef that grazed on BLM land so you should get it for free?

I know its not popular, but the upside is, no one is forcing you to go to a race. Or eat McDonalds.

Flame on
I know BITD is paying a good chunk to BLM, and was paying CRIT a huge check.

It's not entitlement, its timing. The town and county have already donated resources to the race(s), with the understanding that they would see their revenue on the back end through sales tax etc. If that money was going towards paying the officers OT, the road closures, the added personnel to watch for masks or whatever added cost they might have at least acknowledge it. A lot of people have stuck their neck out to make sure this race continued, and I know that they were blindsided by the announcement.

Frankly, I don't care if every race was pay to play, but don't change the rules as you're walking up to the gate.

ACME

Reaction
Whatever the deal, protocols or requirements: At least their is an event happening! Now hopefully all the chest puffers & DGAF'ers can follow the rules and not turn this into a Shiat Show that could have repercussions which could impact future events. Remember the eyes are upon us...

I know you Social Media purists & online experts hate it, but IMHO those in the sport who knowingly ignore the rules should be made public examples of regardless of their "status" 🤯... (here's your first chance in '21 to flame away!)

JDDurfey

Reaction

Flame on

There is a lot of open "desert" in West Texas that would be great to race on. However, 99% if it is private land. Land owners want a lot of money to let a bunch of racers destroy their pristine property. And the cost to rehab property is not cheap either.

Even thought the BLM charges, it has to be cheaper than using private land.

MTPyle

Reaction
I dont think its OK to judge BITD or any promoter unless you know all the details and variables. I bet there are a lot of moving parts and if charging a spectator fee is one thing that needs to happen so be it.

They are the ones making it happen and making the rules. BITD and all of the racing promoters are good people and want to put on a great events under some very difficult challenges.

If you cant spend $40 to be at a off-road race than you are in the wrong sport. Or you create your own race and let everyone come for free, good luck.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Curious, Dave, if BITD has always paid for this event and never charged an entrance fee for spectators, why is it OK now? Don't think the actual costs ave gone up and in fact, there will be no cut going to CRIT, so Race expenses probably are less. If it is being used to PREVENT spectators from going, there are other ways, like 'No Spectators' as has been used at the last SNORE race.

J Prich

Reaction
It's a tricky situation to be in here for BITD in my opinion given year one of the split, trying to reestablish credibility with a new staff, etc. 6 or 8 months ago you would be hard pressed to find anyone here posting anything really negative about BITD and tons of loyal defenders but with the Legacy split and now new staff, etc, it's a different animal. The mob is fickle and this whole thing about Parker spectating fees shows how quickly the mob can turn on you.

I personally think it's in an org's best interest to try to be as transparent as possible with these things to try to curb that negative speculation. When you say little to nothing, you leave a void and that void is going to be filled by whomever complains the loudest. Assuming there is a valid reason to make the decision to charge to spectate, my personal view is that it would be in BITD's best interest to address that rather than let the mob continue to poison the well with outrage.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
I did a little digging, here is the response from BITD:

"It is a land closure, BITD is “renting” then land and is responsible for all actions by racers, pit crews, volunteers as spectators.. They tell me this is how this permit has been for a long time, BITD chose not to charge, which hopefully next year after COVID we don’t.. Because of COVID we have to have a police presence at both entrances to spectator areas, hence the fee covers that cost.. No, racers/pit crews, staff and volunteers do not have to pay.. Shea Road before it drops into Osborne Swansea Road at the Bouse Y"

So according to this statement, BITD has a similar permit to KOH. I haven't paid attention to the land closure announcements in a few years, but they used to only cover the race course with certain access roads closed at certain points around the area the course normally covers, BLM, State Trust, CRIT and "County" lands.

Good enough for me, I just think the way it was announced, initially buried in a novel of a PR, and the timing was poor. Hopefully, this year goes well, we still need the 250 to happen, and I would say the BWDC is in jeopardy to say the least.

San Tan Fab

Reaction
I did a little digging, here is the response from BITD:

"It is a land closure, BITD is “renting” then land and is responsible for all actions by racers, pit crews, volunteers as spectators.. They tell me this is how this permit has been for a long time, BITD chose not to charge, which hopefully next year after COVID we don’t.. Because of COVID we have to have a police presence at both entrances to spectator areas, hence the fee covers that cost.. No, racers/pit crews, staff and volunteers do not have to pay.. Shea Road before it drops into Osborne Swansea Road at the Bouse Y"

So according to this statement, BITD has a similar permit to KOH. I haven't paid attention to the land closure announcements in a few years, but they used to only cover the race course with certain access roads closed at certain points around the area the course normally covers, BLM, State Trust, CRIT and "County" lands.

Good enough for me, I just think the way it was announced, initially buried in a novel of a PR, and the timing was poor. Hopefully, this year goes well, we still need the 250 to happen, and I would say the BWDC is in jeopardy to say the least.
Do the CRIT have the ability to close Shea rd ? I’m curious where the boundaries are

Fourstroker

Reaction
Having the start there will be great. Pitting there will be another story. Especially with how people like to spread out at Parker. Hope it works good