• Forum membership has its advantages....

Parker 425

TJ_Gambino

Not to be rude, but the fastest 6200 was slower than the last official finisher in class 10 at the 2019 Parker 425. If slower classes and safety are a concern, put the whopping five 6200 cars that enter the race on Friday's schedule and let the class 10 cars race on Saturday. FYI #1012 Blaine Conrad 7:39:56 #6223 Darren Ebberts 9:06:46

MTPyle

I think it’s more of a weight issue not finishing. And you can’t compare times from different days it times of day. The morning races the course is in way better shape than after the big tires for thru. Just because a 10 finished in faster time does not mean they could hang with the 6200 on the course when the 6200 were racing.

Mike

BajaFand

Not to be rude, but the fastest 6200 was slower than the last official finisher in class 10 at the 2019 Parker 425. If slower classes and safety are a concern, put the whopping five 6200 cars that enter the race on Friday's schedule and let the class 10 cars race on Saturday. FYI #1012 Blaine Conrad 7:39:56 #6223 Darren Ebberts 9:06:46
So instead of being first on the road ahead of everyone’s dust in their own race, the class 10 guys would rather start dead last in the big car race and eat everyone’s dust, get run down by the overall leaders, have a crappier chewed up course, and have to deal with passing those super slow pesky 6100 trucks all day long? Does that seem strange to anyone else? There really is no way to please class 10 racers.

MTPyle

I read back my earlier post and I wasn’t very clear. For some reason it won’t let me edit it.

Anyway the point I was trying to make is you can’t compare times for different classes because they do not race on the same course. The course changes dramatically after the first lap of big power big tires.

just like the last LDC race our 4th lap time was the same as our first lap time but we were way faster on the 4th lap. We went back and reviewed in car cams and I bet we were driving 2 min faster laps towards the end but with how rough it got it didn’t net a actual faster time.

course condition is a huge variable and not reflected in different classes finishing times.

I know it makes the smaller classes feel really cool when they have faster times than a TT on a lap course. But if they ran the same course as the TT they would either not Finish or take way way longer.

Parker is no different. By the last lap of the unlimited trucks the course is a complete mess.
Mike

AZracefan

The winning class 10 car last year was 2nd overall. If the 10s race the pm race, their times will be alot slower. I think 6100 and 10's need to race seaprate heats, each class at parker usually has around 40 plus in class, thats around 80 more cars for the TT's. Unless they swap the 6100s in morning and 10s in afternoon, but i know the safety regarding their weight being on the course with TT will be a factor.

MTPyle

I think having Class 10 race with TT and 6100 is a very bad idea. especially now the 6100 will be running more power and 40" tires.

i think our top speed will get close to 120 with the larger engine. No reason a 120mph 5500lb truck should be racing in the dust with a class 10 car buggy.

I have had the unfortunate experience of racing with class 10 in our 6100. Its annoying as hell and for me it's scary. UTV guys move over when they know a full size truck is on their ass. Some class 10 guys see it as a challenge to stay in front and won't move over. All i could think about was the 10 car pushing hard to stay in front of me crashing and me running right over them. So we had pull back to wait for the open areas to pass them which hurt our time. It was very frustrating for us. It was not worth the risk to race a class 10 close. It has happened in BITD and Score races. My personal experience is as a group the class 10 guys piss me off. Some are cool but some are not.

My vote is keep the lighter buggies in a different race than the full size heavy trucks.

Mike

92OCHO

So to be a total puxxxxxy
I’d rather watch the UNICORN from the sidelines than in a rear view mirror

Not that I’d even ever see them........

dhjeepgeek

It is a very uneasy felling having a TT right behind you and you have no where to go. But then I have and would moved out of the way as fast as possible. Straight out into the creosote if need be. At least the Unicorn would have a helicopter dancing in front of you telling you to get the hell out of the way. I don't like the shorter races for the slower lower classes like 5u. The Parker 425 should be 425 mile, for everyone. The Mint 400, same, 400 miles. If a slower class wont make the time limit, then the time limit is obviously wrong.

J Prich

It is a very uneasy felling having a TT right behind you and you have no where to go. But then I have and would moved out of the way as fast as possible. Straight out into the creosote if need be. At least the Unicorn would have a helicopter dancing in front of you telling you to get the hell out of the way. I don't like the shorter races for the slower lower classes like 5u. The Parker 425 should be 425 mile, for everyone. The Mint 400, same, 400 miles. If a slower class wont make the time limit, then the time limit is obviously wrong.
Agreed in principle, but its just not that simple.

Krauss279

I don’t speak for everyone in class 10 but ya I would rather race behind the 6100s I don’t think a TT is going to straight lap a 10 car if the 10 car has a good day either I’ve been out there in both and yes it does get much more rough in the afternoon but a good 10 car is just as fast as a 6200 any day

And if the 10 car passed you in a 6100 when they started behind you I’m sorry but I wouldn’t just pull over until your right on me either
Just my opinion as I have spent time in both classes

MTPyle

Krauss

problem is when you mix in heavy trucks with lighter buggies it gets dangerous. At least it feels dangerous.

We got passed while on the side of the road and we started at the very end of the 6100 group so just in front of the 10’s

if a class 10 passed us on course I would understand thenot just letting us by. But we would have to have something really wrong to get passed by a 10 car while on course.

I have raced in a 10 car. Actually the only two classes I have raced is 6100 and 10.
I worry about hitting a full size truck in the dust but I think we and the full size truck would be safe. If I hit a 10 car I feel like I could really hurt someone.

The problem is with that fear for the safety of the guys in the 10 car it makes me slower to race around them. Maybe I should just race them the same but I don’t want to be that guy.

If you have 10 cars on course with heavy trucks on the same day in a lap course they will get intermixed.
Mike

MTPyle

All I know is we are so excited for Parker this year. Just can’t wait and if I have to work around 10 cars I will. Bring it. Haha

mike

Krauss279

Of course they would get intermixed
I also think your discounting the speed of a 10 car because I can tell you my car will go well over 100 so I’m not really super concerned with a 6100 just eating me up at those speeds neither a 6100 or a 10 car is doing 120 in 4 foot whoops minus probly Brock And Kyle
Your right a TT will eat up a 10 car but you know when they are coming and if you don’t you will figure it out really quick
I’m all for racing with 6100s I think it would add a little more attrition and prep/car setup would play a bigger part Troy messer and nick carolan have both done it in 10 car chassis with turbo 4 cyl engines and have done just fine in the afternoon heats
I would at least like the chance to try although it probly won’t happen