• Forum membership has its advantages....

Parker vs. Laughlin race date

Where will you go ? Laughlin or Parker.

• Laughlin as part of a raceteam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parker as part of a raceteam

• Parker to spectate

• neither

• Total voters

Vessels

Troublemaker
Does anybody think, or have heard, if Sal is going to change the Laughlin race date? He's only hurting himself because half the field in almost every class will be in Parker. He is making it impossible to run both series, which I know a lot of people were planning on doing.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Kash, It's not looking good my friend. I have talked with both Laughlin and Sal and niether can change the date back. Good luck in whatever series you run. Hope to see you in Laughlin, thats where I'll be...maybe by myself....UGH!

Racers Only

Steve_Sourapas

Even though I'm most likely not racing either event and I don't have all the facts on why Score changed the date of Laughlin I think this is exactly why our sport isn't heading in the right direction.Last time I checked the customer is always right.Without the racers who put their hard earned money and time into the sport their would be no race.That most likely is whats going to happen at Laughlin,yes their will be a event but no racers from Prodirt,Pro 1600,Pro 10 are going to be there.Class one might have less than 5 cars.Score needs to shallow its pride and do the right thing and move the date back to its original date so those that wish can do both,I really hope that happens for you guys and the sport.Both are great events that shouldn't compete with each other.

BEERMAN

JasonHutter

Laughlin has turned into a family event for us. We already have plans in action to be there.

Jason
Fire Guys Racing

Junior

My son races his quad in the Whiplash pee wee division. My team is going to race Laughlin mainly because its a SCORE and Most likely a Protruck official event. I hate to miss the event in Parker but got to go with my team. As for my son........I have been saved. Whip is going to race the motorcycles the weekend before the cars and trucks!

NOT A GOOD SITUATION!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

martininsocal

this really sucks! just like jason and paul, my family has been to every laughlin race since they ran them in september. vacations and hotels are reserved and then the date change and everything is screwed. it isn't the first time, but it still sucks! and my ass that sal can't change the date. he changed it in the first place. poor old sal, summit didn't work out for him and now he wants to punish the folks who want to choose the races they run? hey sal, heres a tip-support cordr and supply some cash to help stop all these environmental wacko's land closures and you possibly could keep some of your u.s. courses. for toolong the battle has been fought by the little guys against the sierra club and cbd. the promoters just sit back and watch. parker was a great race when run by score. it was the starting point of the year. by sitting on your behind, you let california go and then folded like a wet paper towel when the blm applied pressure. you gave up one of the most important race courses we had. better sharpen the knife, your about to lose some more nose!

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
this is off the subject but Steve Sourapas
is your car for sale?if yes will you please call me 602-477-0863

thank you

This scheduling really sucks? why dont all the big race promoters (Casey, Sal, Whiplash, MDR, ETC) get together and try to plan these races so they aren't all on top of each other. I love BITD but last weekends race in Vegas was way to close to the Baja 1000 for all the big teams trying to do both.... If it were me and i was racing a buggy i would go to parker, but if i was racing a truck i don't think i would waste my time doing any Score races except Baja 500 and Baja 1000 and just run BITD since thats where the money is....... thats just my case in a nut shell. But on the other hand you you might see me at Laughlin in a truck......
I heard a rumor that there might be some Protruck Drivers going Trophy Truck next year with their Protrucks.......

Jimmy8

Protrucks have to be at Laughlin, because that is where the series runs, which I am sure you are already aware of, but you can run your protruck in class 8 at Parker instead of going to Laughlin. Jason Cobb did it last year, and got 1st. There should be at least 20 class 8's or more at Parker, so the money will be good. We talked to Ivan about getting the Protrucks at the Parker 400 this year, but it is to much money to put up, and we couldnt compete with Laughlins bankroll to get them here.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Jimmy8

On another note, having to do with entries. Look at BITD and SCORE this year. Tonopah wasnt as good as it could have been because of the Baja 500 so close, and that is an awesome race, as well as the baja 500. Primm sucked because it was so close to vegas to reno, and the LV 200 entries looked like they were pretty low because it was so close to the 1000. Something has to be done, because it seems as if everyone is fighting themselves, and next year looks as if it is going to be the same way. As far as Laughlin and Parker, I think Sal is going to get bit on this one. Parker will probably even have a good TT turnout this year. Larry Ragland and Robby G for sure, and last year Robbys old Rnger showed up to run in TT as well, not to mention who nows who else. Going from the entries it got this year, and the placement of the date for next year, I think the KC Highlights Midnight Special will have a good turnout next year. Fun race, good money, and no other race within a month of it. Should have a good turnout.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Rory

Crayola Killer
Jimmy, I wouldn't hold your breath on Robby Gordon showing up. I've heard from a pretty reliable source he'll be in Daytona testing 2 weeks before the "Twin 125's".

Racers Only

kurt

Kind of interesting looking at the Poll on the Parker/Laughlin races. It shows (at this time) a few more spectators going to Laughlin rather then Parker, but more then double the number of people in race teams going to Parker which kind of brings up the question - if all the race teams are in Parker what are the spectators in Laughlin going to watch? On the other hand you could see Parker on Saturday and drive up to Laughlin for Sunday, only about an 1 1/2 away, I'll be in Parker all weekend.

Jimmy8

Sunday after Parker there is going to be a jumping contest at the gauntlet for $$$$$. The weekend before dont forget about the prerun/poker run. It will be a blast, and on sunday after it you can watch the motorcycle race. I am wondering what contingency in Parker will be like. There is always a pretty good turn out of vendors, but now Laughlin is the same weekend and Laughlin has an awesome contingency, but all of the racers will be in Parker. We will see what happens.

Vessels

Troublemaker
How far is Laughlin from Parker? Does anybody know what time the 1/2 1600 start at Laughlin? 7:00 in the morning again as usual. How about at Parker? I'm thinking about running Laughlin Saturday morning, and then flying to Parker to drive the last 70% of that race. Being unfamiliar with that area, does this plan sound at all feasible to you local guys? Thanks for the input.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Its 120 mile shot from parker to Laughlin or vice versa. Its doable.

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"

kurt

120 miles is about right, make sure you come down the CA side it's much faster, I made the Laughlin to Parker drive about this time last year to help out a friend at a Whiplash race and it took just over 1 1/2 hours. I believe start time for Parker race is 9am (Whiplash time 10 am), with Prodirt and Pro 10, and the large field of heavy metal (class 8) there should be plenty of cars starting before the 1600's, it's possible you could make the start if SCORE starts the 1600's at 7am, but having somebody start the race and you doing the last two laps should be no problem.