Attachments

• 5-45335-trophy.JPG
    5-45335-trophy.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 130

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Website
www.allwaysracing.net
Thank You Mike McClintoc (From Jim Dizney's crew) and Jim Shaw (from Mike Falkosky's crew) for your help in the pits with all the fueling etc.

We'll take the 3rd overall this race considering Chuck lost 3rd gear, then 2nd gear, then first gear, then hit a rock the size of a volkswagon (pic on ORC) splitting the LF arm and requiring some extensive welding. Good finish but would have been tough to catch Ebberts.

Jimcos/ProDirt entries 1,2,3.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
The comedy in the whole race was that a lot of people were saying it would be an easy race and not rough at all. Look at the carnage, roll overs, and not even 50% of the cars finished the race. I think the race was really underestimated, and after all the complaining on the grading, just imagine the finishing rate if BITD wouldn't have graded some of the sections. Congrats to Mark Miller on his win. Great pace all day. We started right behind you and ran 100 yards to a 1/4 mile back until the rear end spit in the wash after midway, and then the 6 hour wait ensued. Your pace was perfect for the course, so we just settled in behind you. What can I say, you know how to win races. Congrats to Darren in the Kia as well. Persistence pays off.

Trophy Truck #15
www.JimmyBeaver.com

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
Website
www.tubespecialties.com
I found the course to be marked extremely well. I was in the dust for the entire first lap and, due to the excellent marking job, was still able to get around without incident.

I have often been critical of BITD for the way they mark their noting the fact that it takes a lot longer to slow a car than it does a bike. However, I have seen steady improvement over the years and Parker was the best I have seen from their crew.

There has always been a lot of carnage at this race. Parker is notorious for drivers becoming impatient in the dust and over confident on the fast roads.

Junior

Reaction
Website
www.juniorfab.com
Looks like the turnout was kind of low. Last years Parker 400 race (which was held on the SAME DAY as the 2002 SCORE Laughlin Race) had about 210 or 215 entries. I hope the business people in Parker were not discouraged by the downturn in the number of racers.

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

Jimmy8

Reaction
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
I believe 134 racers entered, and Casey said at the drivers meeting it was the largest turnout of car and trucks he had ever had at one of his races. If you add 80 1600 cars like there was last year, that puts the entries at about the same. All hotel rooms within 30 minutes of Parker were sold out, and everyone I talked too around town seemed very happy with the race this year. Everyone in town loved the qualifying, very large contingency, and the amount of trucks. I think there were more spectators than Parker has seen in quite some time as well. All in all I think it turned out to be a very large success. See ya in San Felipe.

Trophy Truck #15
www.JimmyBeaver.com

hammer

Reaction
Congrats to Ebberts and Castro for the overall victory. Weyhrich for 2nd, Hovey for 3rd and Eli Yee with an outstanding 6th overall and 1st in class 10.

Bryan_D

Reaction
Website
www.hostylmotorsports.com
I had a great time at this race. I went to parker last year and yes they had more cars but it is nice to see a variety of vehicles instead of all 1600's. I just wish they would have ran the gauntlet. In the press release they said that it was gonna be ran? Any info on this? Overall it was a blast. The toyota PT with the stick in the side was quite a site. I got a sweet pick of it comming through the wash and had to jump back to get out of the way.

Jeep this Oval Boys

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
Website
www.tubespecialties.com
The biggest improvement I have noticed is the use of "Danger Ahead" markers. BITD marks all "Danger" areas right at the spot in question. Historically, when you were in the dust and you would see a "Danger" sign, it was already too late. BITD felt they could not deviate from this placement because all of the motorcycle entries were used to courses marked in this fashion. Instead, they came up with the "Danger Ahead" markers and it has made a substantial difference.

Experience obviously plays a role here as well. I know Casey has personally been in the right seat of race trucks to get a better idea of what is and is not dangerous for a 4-wheel vehicle. Over the years, he and his crew have become better at judging what should and should not be marked.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
It was great to be back in Parker! Having not been there since the '97 SCORE race, I was totally looking forward to this event.

In my opinion, Contingency was outstanding! It took some cars 3 hours to go through contingency/tech. There were the usual great vendors; Parker Pumper, PCI, King Shocks, Protruck, Off Road Expo, etc. An uncommon, but welcomed sight, was that of the BFGoodrich and Goodyear support rigs parked nose to tail at Contingency. All that was missing was the Yokohama, Firestone and General Tire rigs!

If you gauged entries by the way contingency looked ALL DAY, you would have guessed there were 300 cars.

The racing looked great. Ebberts, Julson and the Weyhrich's were THE show all day. CONGRATS to Dale Ebberts and his entire crew for an awesome start to the 2003 racing season!

Also, CONGRATS to Rick L. Johnson and crew on their great runner-up finish with the Milgard Windows Toyota Tundra P/T.

The absolute highlight of the weekend was finding that mobile taco stand on Friday night. "Ricos Tacos" was based on a tandem axle Carson trailer and was complete with an EZ-Up canopy, folding tables and chairs, and well-stocked salsa bar! Although it was cold and breezy Friday night, if you closed your eyes, you'd swear you were in Baja.

Worked for me!

Who's ready for San Felipe?

ParkerCont1.gif

ParkerCont2.gif

ParkerCont3.gif

ParkerCont4.gif

ParkerCont5.gif

ParkerCont6.gif

ParkerCont7.gif

ParkerRace1.gif

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

rt_racer

Reaction
We were at midway pit and Dircks & Porter TT had a two minute lead over Jeffries at 242 miles into the race . They had distibutor problems and by the time the newone got there they chose to pull the plug on finishing. Nice of them to pull Damen to the finish line even though it wasnt allowed. Good job and congradulations on an exellent second race with the big boys.

mgobaja

Reaction
Is was great fun helping the All Ways racing crew at the main pit. Since we decided to withdraw the morning of the race, we still felt the need to fulfill our comitment to helping them with their race. Trey, Carlos and I formed an awesome fueling team and after fueling 3 cars each twice we had it down to a science. Congrats on Charlies 3rd place finish after his troubles he endured. And congrats to JIMCO on their chassis taking the top 3 cars in class 1

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Website
www.OutbackUSA.com
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

According to off-road.com most off the vehicles were out at mile 85 due to poor course marking not a rough track.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually we said.

"Eighty eight miles into the race many competitors crashed and rolled, reportedly due to poor course markings. The list of victims includes, Jesse Jones, Ed Herbst and a host of others. Some racers did not recover and were out in this early stage."

This what we heard from racers and officials. Regardless, thanks for reading our coverage.

PJCinLV