Parker's cancer update!

dr shaw6

Just wanted to update everyone. I had a thread awhile ago but can't find it. Parker has had clear scans as of last month!! That's amazing news for us. He was diagnosed stage 4 cancer in just April at age 6 and now he is clear! Unfortunately his treatments will continue in New York every month for the next 2 years to keep the cancer from coming back but to do it clear of cancer is such a relief! Thanks everyone for the continued prayers!
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1392427999.589809.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1392428064.324022.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

CMA GUMBY

Good to hear. I remember the other thread... My buddy just lost his 5 yr old niece to the same thing. Continued prayers for Parker, and family. Stay Strong.

Jack

That is wonderful to hear a clean bill. As a cancer survivor myself I will warn you, the unknowing time after you have "beat the disease" was rougher on me. When you had a battle and can measure success you knew where you stood, but after you are constantly questioning any odd feeling or mark you get that it might be back and you cannot get a test done every time this happens like you were getting regular checks during treatment. I pray for strength for you and your family thru the next several years. You may not have considered it, but seek some counseling during this time to help cope with all that is going on and help Parker process what he is experiencing.

dr shaw6

I call it scan-xiety! It's super stressful, more than in treatment like you said. During treatment you know it's working and fighting the cancer but when it stops, the stress of it coming back begins. Scan time is every three months and it the worst! So stressful waiting for results. And like you said, every runny nose, sneeze, anything can put you into a panic attack. All we can do is trust in god and enjoy everyday!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

DesertGuy1

Been following along since the other thread...GREAT news! Obviously he IS one tough hombre! Keep up the good work...

slanted66

That is awesome. I lost my dad to cancer last year. It does my heart good to see somebody slaying the dragon!!

Keep kicking cancers butt Parker!