Parking in El Centro Area

Goober

Is there any place to park a car overnight in El Centro? Meeting my parents there on the way to San Felipe?

Tim_Price

The owner of a Chevron gas station very close to the freeway I80 (sorry can't remember the street) allowed us to leave a broken prerunner there for a couple days. This was a few years ago. I think they're into MC desert racing. Hope this helps.

mgobaja

The owner of a Chevron gas station very close to the freeway I80 (sorry can't remember the street) allowed us to leave a broken prerunner there for a couple days. This was a few years ago. I think they're into MC desert racing. Hope this helps.
Saasta Chevron - they used to race the FUD series in EEE, mini buggies

ML Racer

I've always stay in the Walmart parking lot in Calexico, then cross the border at 0500. I'ts gotten a little tighter these days, but that's our plan for the SF-250. Can't remember the street corner it's on, but it's off hwy 111, it's on the left side and you can't miss it.

Missing Lenk Motorsports

Racbaja

Just ask any of us local racers. I have room for about three cars at my home in Imperial. I strongly discourage any of you from parking overnight in Calexico, too many car thefts.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Is there a WalMart down there? They allow overnight parking.

ML Racer

The Walwart (as of a year ago) is loacted on the NE corner of Hwy 111 & Cole Road. We have been paking (under the parking lot lights) for years with no problems to date (motorhomes with enclosed trailers)

dezertranger1600

Wal Mart in el centro or calexico is your best bet...a lot of lights & ''security''

Goober

Thanks guys for all the help. I have no problem parking it at Walmart I just worry about car theft. Since it will be there 3 nights. Thanks again.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
If Matt washes anybody's car I am throwing an extra $5 into the pot!