Parneli class 8

Jimmy8

I just got word from town that, parneli jones class 8 chevy has just been finished being restored. Bill Herick, was the restorer, and if you have been around off road for long enough you know who he is. He is the owner of Badnochs on the river, and has the fab shop behind it. Anyways, the truck is fully restored and re painted the bright yellow, it was known for. It looks sharp. Anyway we are going to try and take it to the expo this weekend to show it, so be looking for it. It is a true peice of nostalgia, and was re done beautifully so be sure to check it out.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Jimmy, Is that the same yellow chevy that Walker Evans raced in class 2 and won a couple races back in the early to mid 70's? If so, i definitely need to get a couple pic's of it. Was it restored FOR Parnelli or personal? thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking for it. Rory@Racers only

Waldo

Safehouse
Isn't the owner of Fox's trying to make a come back? Spencer Lowe if I am not mistaken.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

John Bitting

Administrator
Its Spencer Low Jr. that is racing now and he has opened up a fab shop and is doing quite well. Still working with Nissan as his dad did. He will probably be in the dez next season and is racing short course too..

Jimmy8

PARNELI AND BILL HERICK ARE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS. BILL BOUGHT THE TRUCK FROM PARNELI AND IT WAS IN REALLY BAD SHAPE, BUT I BELIEVE PARNELI WANTS TO BUY IT BACK FROM HIM NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN RESTORED. I THINK PARNELI WANTED IT RESTORED BUT JUST DID NOT WANT TO DO IT HIMSELF, AND HE KNOWS THAT BILL WOULD DO A GOOD JOB. BADNOCHS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOXES, EXCEPT THAT THEY ARE BOTH ON THE RIVER. I THINK THAT LITTLE SPENCER IS GOING TO BE DRIVING IN THE DESERT NOW WITH THE OLD NISSAN, BUT THAT IS JUST RUMOR. I BELIEVE HE STILL IS DOING SOME STADIUM STUFF AS WELL. I AM NOT POSITIVE THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO BRING THE TRUCK TO THE EXPO, BUT WE ARE GOING TO TRY. WE ARE NOT SIGNED UP TO HAVE IT THERE, SO I DONT KNOW IF WE WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE IT ON DISPLAY WITH THE OTHER TRUCKS, BUT I AM SURE THAT THEY WOULD NOT TURN DOWN PARNELI'S, SO WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Waldo

Safehouse
I know Badenochs and Fox's are diff owners..Duh! J/K...Badenochs has the best omletes!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

Jimmy8

Sorry guys, the Parneli truck is still getting painted and wont be there for the show. Bill tried, but the truck just isnt done.