• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Parts to bring as spares on maverick x3

johndjmix

Pre running most all of the 1000 course this year. Need input from other X3 owners with more miles than me. What should I bring for spares?

Of course I got spare belts, tires, and filters. But what else?

—john

sand shark

Rear axle, one upper, middle and lower radius rods, and lower and upper ball joints. If you have not replaced or gusseted the lower a-arm where it bends, then I would do that before hand. If you are running the whole course I would invest in a S&B particular filter separator. It will keep you air filter clean.

This gusset kit from Extreme Performance works great on the lower a-arm. Been running it for just about 3000 miles in the desert, baja and glamis.

johndjmix

Rear axle, I was figuring that! The gusseting...check.

Funny, we sell the S&B particle separator, but unfortunately the one for the X3 can only be sold through can am dealers! Might have to bite the bullet and pick one up.

Thanks for the info guys.

—john

sand shark

Rear axle, I was figuring that! The gusseting...check.

Funny, we sell the S&B particle separator, but unfortunately the one for the X3 can only be sold through can am dealers! Might have to bite the bullet and pick one up.

Thanks for the info guys.

—john
It sucks S&B made an exclusive deal with Can Am. Hard to get a discount on them. You being a dealer know the mark up margins which makes it hurt even more.