Passive vs. Assertive vs. Agressive Driving Style

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
yes always stay in front of danger, no matter what, except if it caught up to your pace, then speed up& get wide& kick up lottsa dust😀💨 what category is the ' jackrabbit', passive/ aggressive??

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
I don't actually currently off-road race so my answer has limited validity.

I race assertive where it matters and aggressive where I can afford the cost of failure simply to hone the craft of racing.
Antifragility mindset.

TrailReady

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.trbeadlocks.com
My 2 cents on Laughlin. Most of that loop has multiple lines....that you will never see if your 1 foot off the bumper of the car ahead of you. No one "moves over" at Laughlin.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
That clip is what great clean racing is, both of those drivers are wheelmen, in top tier trucks. Assertive for sure on both of them.
If there is mutual respect then its assertive in my opinion. When all parties (including spectators standing on the sidelines) afterwards smile and welcome the paint exchange.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Depends on the race. For instance at V2R 2 years ago i had a UTV come up on us in that last section, the rocky area after the steep short hill and before the shelf road down to the finish. He came up on us and wanted to get by us, so i let him - like i always do, he took off through the rocks at 60 mph. 2 miles later we passed him when he was broken on the side of the course.

In the long races, at least in limited classes, its not crazy aggressive that wins.

--John

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
My 2 cents on Laughlin. Most of that loop has multiple lines....that you will never see if your 1 foot off the bumper of the car ahead of you. No one "moves over" at Laughlin.
question, its the same at Plaster city, if some one takes forever to catch you, ( me), and your holding a steady pace, and the section is lets say the bombing range area, and you stay waaaay to the up wind side,& dood dosent want to pass you in the down wind dusty dirty side, and he keeps trying to squeeze between you and the biggest woops& bushes, upwind, and you dont budge, and he Finally has to eat some dust to Finally pass you, is that an ok move ?, not to eat dust ??( yes, dorks flipped me off, hey, i didnt eat dust, naaaa na naaa naa😬