Pastrana, Yokohama-Sponsored Drivers to Compete in World Championship Off-Road Races

baja619

Reaction
Pastrana, Yokohama-Sponsored Drivers to Compete in World Championship Off-Road Races

Three of Yokohama Tire’s top drivers – Travis Pastrana, Andrew Carlson and Levi Shirley – will compete in the Championship Off-Road series event at Crandon International Raceway in Wisconsin, Sept. 4-5, the tire manufacturer announced.

All three drivers are Team Yokohama members and will be battling in different divisions on GEOLANDAR tires. Action sports superstar Pastrana, as well as Carlson, will be on off-the-shelf tires: Pastrana in Pro-2 on the GEOLANDAR A/T G015, while Carlson, who has over 25 career podium finishes, will be vying for a win in Pro-4 on GEOLANDAR X-AT tires and Pro Mod SxS on G015s.

Shirley will be competing in the Ultra4 race in the 4400 unlimited class on GEOLANDAR MT-R tires.

“I’ve always wanted to go to Crandon,” Pastrana said. “Not only is it an amazing race on an awesome track, but the excitement generated by this event is second to none in the off-road world. A lot of things have been shut down this year and I am happy for such an amazing race weekend to look forward to.”

READ WHOLE ARTICLE ON THESHOPMAG.com

jon coleman

Reaction
i thought Hoosiers bought out Yokohama?, they were gonna be called' Hoosiermommas'( i know, a repeat joke, but i could not resist....

mig29

Reaction
I just got a set of used Yokohama Geolanders (255/55/17, 32" tall) for my Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee (4 + spare), quality is high. Yokohama has a long presence in Offroad Racing, going back to late 80's/early 90's (Ivan Stewart PPI Toyota)