Paul Newman- R*I*P

Gabe Lara

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pfluegerracing.com
WESTPORT, Conn. (AP) - Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud,""Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died. He was 83.

Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

In the 1970s, Newman, admittedly bored with acting, became fascinated with auto racing, a sport he studied when he starred in the 1972 film, "Winning." After turning professional in 1977, Newman and his driving team made strong showings in several major races, including fifth place in Daytona in 1977 and second place in the Le Mans in 1979.

"Racing is the best way I know to get away from all the rubbish of Hollywood," he told People magazine in 1979.

Godspeed, Paul.

randy s

RDC Crypto
WESTPORT, Conn. (AP) - Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud,""Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died. He was 83.

Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

In the 1970s, Newman, admittedly bored with acting, became fascinated with auto racing, a sport he studied when he starred in the 1972 film, "Winning." After turning professional in 1977, Newman and his driving team made strong showings in several major races, including fifth place in Daytona in 1977 and second place in the Le Mans in 1979.

"Racing is the best way I know to get away from all the rubbish of Hollywood," he told People magazine in 1979.

Godspeed, Paul.

very sad news. great racer, actor, and human being. will be missed for sure.

Wingboy

RDC Crypto
Great actor, real advocate for auto racing (road & dirt). Cool Hand Luke, one of the greatest movies of all time. "Wha we hav her iz a falur to comunikate" RIP Paul

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Yes very sad. He was also the founder of "Newman's Own", a food company from which Newman donated all profits and royalties to charity. As of 2007, these donations have exceeded $220 million. Paul was a pretty amazing man.

Cadwell

RDC Crypto
When I was a kid I loved watch Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid. After that I started watching all his other movies and my 4 year old son got to kind of know him through the Disney movie Cars. May he RIP!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
RDC Crypto
Yes very sad. He was also the founder of "Newman's Own", a food company from which Newman donated all profits and royalties to charity. As of 2007, these donations have exceeded $220 million. Paul was a pretty amazing man.

I worked on one of his camps for terminal kids. All paid for by salad dressing.
I felt proud working on that place knowing what it was going to be used for.
Paul was a great man and an excellent example of human kind.

He will be missed.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
RDC Crypto
God Speed Paul. Been a fan from the start

[video=youtube;S_0JDR8-ZO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_0JDR8-ZO0&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;3x4ko1uH66s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x4ko1uH66s&feature=related[/video]