• Forum membership has its advantages....

PCI GPS

staged

Has anyone purchased the SD card from PCI loaded with trails of CA, UT, AZ?

They are .lcm files and not opening on my mac.

I am searching google but thought maybe this would be a shortcut….

Thanks

Zambo

The files won't open on your computer. You just put them on an SD card and put it in the gps and the maps show up. Why are you trying to open them on a computer? Its just data that you can't read.

staged

The files won't open on your computer. You just put them on an SD card and put it in the gps and the maps show up. Why are you trying to open them on a computer? Its just data that you can't read.
I (thought) I could view the trails on my computer and plan / layout rides. Does all of that have to be done on the GPS unit?

Zambo

I (thought) I could view the trails on my computer and plan / layout rides. Does all of that have to be done on the GPS unit?
That's not what the lcm files are for. The lcm files are just the background map for your gps, which shows the roads and other features. Its not something you can edit or use as a background while editing trails, at least that I know of.

There are lots of other programs for creating trails/planning rides. The easiest is Google Earth. You can create a trail in Google earth using their road/satellite/topo maps and export the trail as a Google Earth file. Then use the free program GPS Babel to convert that to a .usr file which you can then load into the Lowrance GPS.

staged

That's not what the lcm files are for. The lcm files are just the background map for your gps, which shows the roads and other features. Its not something you can edit or use as a background while editing trails, at least that I know of.

There are lots of other programs for creating trails/planning rides. The easiest is Google Earth. You can create a trail in Google earth using their road/satellite/topo maps and export the trail as a Google Earth file. Then use the free program GPS Babel to convert that to a .usr file which you can then load into the Lowrance GPS.
Makes sense, I have been reading up on this all day…..

steeevo

steeevo

at this time it's good for viewing map card data and planning routes before a trip. in the future it will have support for converting between google earth kmz, gpx & USR files.