PCI Race Radios 300 - Sept. 12 - Lucerne Valley, CA

mebedb1

Andrew won a battle but lost the fight, 6196 with the Fast lap of the race and lost his side bet with Eric in the 79. unfortunately a drive line vibration in the first lap caused down time, putting us further into slower traffic/ Dust..., She was singing on lap 4, and Blew up at rm 8 on lap 5. The hole in the side, gave a great view of the crank, missing a connecting rod, with no evidence heat failure as the crank appeared to be well oiled/shiny. all in all it was a good day for our race compound.

DB
IMG_0288.JPG

brad inch

just saw pictures of a 1600 on fire.i thought why is this guy taking pictures and not helping put out the fire.i guess likes are more important now days.

CMA GUMBY

Was actually 2 1600's on fire. All occupants walked away... Cars not so much.😥

class5cole

Later in the day when I was filming at RM15 off of Bessimer Mine Rd a BLM officer in a Jeep came up to me. I expected him to check credentials or ask me to move or something... To my surprise he was really friendly and asked how long I thought it would take for the racers to start finishing. And I asked how the race was going and he said it was very smooth, no issues at all and a great race. That was good to hear.
The younger guy in the white Jeep?

Baja Bryan

I was in the 6190 and we got 3rd even with a flat and also had to change a drive shaft. Dust was so bad all day long. 60 mile loop with that many cars and small gaps at start is a recipe for someone to get killed. We were trying to pass TTs n 2nd lap with class 9s hidden in the dust. Safer deal would be 100 mile lap with better time gaps on the cars. Maybe start little later to let the wind pick up. I guess once somebody dies changes will come. Other than the dust it was a great race..

Zac Reish

I was in the 6190 and we got 3rd even with a flat and also had to change a drive shaft. Dust was so bad all day long. 60 mile loop with that many cars and small gaps at start is a recipe for someone to get killed. We were trying to pass TTs n 2nd lap with class 9s hidden in the dust. Safer deal would be 100 mile lap with better time gaps on the cars. Maybe start little later to let the wind pick up. I guess once somebody dies changes will come. Other than the dust it was a great race..
There are major accidents in every single race big loop or small, and point to point. We all know the risks.. More works their asses off to put these awesome races on. I’m sure in the future if the car counts continue to grow I would imagine they will adjust and have some larger lap races. I just think it’s really hard to stop a train that quickly and just make a bigger lap. Kudos to Cody and more for all the hard work to put these races on.

Kiwiflyer

This was By far the most fun I have had a at an American race, super well organized and great course. Super dusty at the start but MORE does not organize the wind which never arrived until the afternoon. Only a couple of trucks in our class but we were there to have fun and did a couple of laps each... The Pistol bodied truck went well all day and we took out the class win. I think we will for sure be racing MORE again. The only downer was one of my chase guys running out of Talent and rolling my RZR. As usual all safety gear and equipment was in place so walked away with only a broken ego. Super cool vibe at the race and loved the Pit-row concept with everybody camping and having a great time
0DAF000E-C984-4D33-ABD7-E3D8FE2D145C.jpeg
70A7B4A4-CFBD-4F50-B5F5-6C68EFAF2436.jpeg

crafty

Slower classes should be ran early morning and faster in the afternoon. I know this makes a long day for the organization and volunteers but talk about a safer way to race

Bro_Gill

They usually do that with the shorter races. Everyone wants to run as many miles as they can so everyone was given as many hours as they could squeeze onto the permit. It was interesting seeing who slowed in dust and who didn't and who slowed for road crossings and who didn't.

crafty

VORRA did that at a couple races last year I think I worked out better. Not to mention we are small time and it really helped us with pit support since we had a vehicle in morning race then in afternoon

tapeworm

With SCORE not racing yet this year MORE and SNORE have both gotten more of the bigger unlimited cars entering than they normally do, thus creating the dust issues not normally seen at these loop races.
MORE is one of the last organizations that allows prerunning and camping on pit road similar to the old days of racing. Cody plans everything out accordingly and set up the race so there were zero speed zones outside of road crossings, which no other organization does except SNORE at the short course events. MORE is a great place to go, Cody and his wife are down to earth people that are advocates for the sport and fostering positive relationships with federal organizations to allow for new and better courses and keep our races as close to freedom as possible. They do a great job and it shows with how well they work with the BLM.

coryanderson

Looking for a GoPro Hero 7 Silver if anyone finds/found one during clean up. I'm guessing it's around MM 9.5-12. (I'll grubhub you a nice dinner or something as a reward) I think it probably fell off when our skid plate and radio broke off too, found both of those. We went wide chasing Cade's dust entering the wash at MM 9.5 on lap 3 and we were lucky to make it out with nothing major broken. If you saw the 535 racing on laps 3 and 4, that's why our tow strap was out, it was strapped to that front skid plate. Radio broke off it's mount at MM 10 and fell right behind the clutch and brake pedal. Zac pulled the car off into a wash, unbuckled, yanked the radio and threw it out of the car before I had a chance to take it from him. He strapped back in and we went chasing after Cade again. Awesome race, so much dust but isn't that an integral part of off-road racing?!

IMG_4908.jpg
IMG_4909.jpg
IMG_4910.jpg
IMG_4911.jpg
IMG_4912.jpg

dhjeepgeek

Radio, we don't need no sticking radios.
Although it was nice we had one so that our chase could find us when I screwed up.

Bryan J

Thank you for sharing!

Yes it was a nightmare situation for us and a few other teams this weekend. Luckily all parties involved are going to be ok.

both 1600 cars involved are pretty much total losses.

The community outreach has been overwhelming to say the least. Thank you all!