PCI Race Radios 300 - Sept. 12 - Lucerne Valley, CA

TRichards

Reaction
Other way to do the start is side by side with 45 second intervals. Crashing in the dust and getting on fire is my biggest fear.

Randy Ross

Reaction
Ideally the way I think it should be is to increase course with so many cars 2 different tracks finish morning track and go on to afternoon track . Faster morning track longer then the slower class track and reverse in afternoon. you could start 2 at a time each track with longer intervals

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Thanks for the great race Cody. I know you all put a lot of effort into it and it shows!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
This was By far the most fun I have had a at an American race, super well organized and great course. Super dusty at the start but MORE does not organize the wind which never arrived until the afternoon. Only a couple of trucks in our class but we were there to have fun and did a couple of laps each... The Pistol bodied truck went well all day and we took out the class win. I think we will for sure be racing MORE again. The only downer was one of my chase guys running out of Talent and rolling my RZR. As usual all safety gear and equipment was in place so walked away with only a broken ego. Super cool vibe at the race and loved the Pit-row concept with everybody camping and having a great timeView attachment 218194View attachment 218195
Thanks again Phil for letting me wheel the last lap. I forgot how much fun these local races are! Good times all weekend and its cool being able to prerun and then open chase the full course also. Almost like Baja just no tacos damnit!!

Zac Reish

Reaction
Racing a more race takes way less time, cost way less money, provides way more
Freedom, way better spectating, prize money is way higher. More cuts out all the bull I failed spelling and serves up the meat and potatoes better than any other org. These shoot out races that cody has put together are so legit. Its racing the way it used to be. Ive Raced every other orgs and More is my favorite. Camp, race, spectate, pre run and You doNt have to drag your crap all over the place. One stop shop

Attachments

dhjeepgeek

Reaction
post the pics. What happened?
I made minor miscalculation, or it was the dust. But we ended up on our wheels. Forward loop. My good friend and co-driver didn't fair too well. He will be Ok after some rehab and time. I drove the car back. Kind of like the nose over Eric did in the Mint. In the dust the line split and I didn't. Then cased a woop and bam boom smack and we were sitting there, Like I like to say, It was fun until it wasn't.

swiftracing5

Reaction
I made minor miscalculation, or it was the dust. But we ended up on our wheels. Forward loop. My good friend and co-driver didn't fair too well. He will be Ok after some rehab and time. I drove the car back. Kind of like the nose over Eric did in the Mint. In the dust the line split and I didn't. Then cased a woop and bam boom smack and we were sitting there, Like I like to say, It was fun until it wasn't.
I saw the car in the pits looked way too clean after the race. Bummer, hoping he makes a recovery.

dhjeepgeek

Reaction
The car looked fine for a distance. I was camped back behind where Daves Thing was pitted. I haven't looked too close at the car. Front arms have some cracks on the shock mounts. Most of it looks fairly straight. Passenger side front Rotor and rim are shot. As to Pat and I, we are both beat up. He is still in Arrowhead medical center. Another lawn mower accident. Corona crap, we can't visit him.
But back to more happy side of this.
Congratulations to Zac and Ben on the win.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
The car looked fine for a distance. I was camped back behind where Daves Thing was pitted. I haven't looked too close at the car. Front arms have some cracks on the shock mounts. Most of it looks fairly straight. Passenger side front Rotor and rim are shot. As to Pat and I, we are both beat up. He is still in Arrowhead medical center. Another lawn mower accident. Corona crap, we can't visit him.
But back to more happy side of this.
Congratulations to Zac and Ben on the win.
Sorry to hear DHJeepGeek

vdubaru

Reaction
I'm so bummed my good friend Dan had fun till he didn't. glad him and pat are OK, sharing the same channel with them had us a bit worried when we heard Dan say they crashed. I need to give a big shout out to Willard around mile 12 on lap 2 we hit the rock in the inside of the left turn when we saw them broke on the side of the course they waved us over and changed our flat for us True sportsmanship on display! thanks guys. on lap 3 around mile 45 we had a c clip come of that holds the cooling fan onto the electric motor so we twisted some tie wire into the snap ring grove and finished with that, missing muffler and a flat across the finish line. thanks to Cody and the whole more crew for all there efforts to to put on such great events. prerunning, chasing, camping and great comradery between race teams makes racing in MORE awesome. congrats to Zack, Cade, Adam and all the rest of you super fast guys it was fun being out there with you all.

MRusich

Reaction
Our team had a great race! Thanks to Cody and all of the volunteers that allow us to have a place to race, especially with this years predicament. We thought this was a super fun course that had a lot of really fast sections and some technical rocky sections that was really hard on tires!

The ES MOTORSPORTS team was running both of our Class 10 Mid-Engine cars, mine (Matt Rusich) being the new Valley KIA car and Eric Stewart/ Justin Barry in the older Nordic boats car. We were all hoping for a clean, problem free race as I blew a motor 40miles into V2R last month and Eric had issues with with his ECU just days before this race that he was able to get fixed at the very last minute. I qualified the car in 1st and Eric qualified in 6th! The first lap of the race was some of the worst dust we have ever driven through having so many trucks start in front of us, but we were able to push through it and stay in the physical lead. After the first lap our team told us that we were running 1st and 2nd with a decent lead on the rest of the field! I think the whole team had goosebumps hearing that as we prep both cars in the same shop side-by-side! We stayed in the same positions for the rest of the race and walked away with some $$$ and cool hardware thanks to Weddle! Again, we want to thank MORE for putting on such a fun race!

And for anyone who says Mid-Engine cars don't work, we have 5 wins and 8 podiums between both cars in the last year!!;)

📷 @JTM
matt.jpg

matt1.jpg

B151D969-F50B-4819-BC7F-6F5CF7285CAB.JPEG
B907E838-3AEF-4AE7-93EE-D92B1E7F10D1.JPEG

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Our team had a great race! Thanks to Cody and all of the volunteers that allow us to have a place to race, especially with this years predicament. We thought this was a super fun course that had a lot of really fast sections and some technical rocky sections that was really hard on tires!

The ES MOTORSPORTS team was running both of our Class 10 Mid-Engine cars, mine (Matt Rusich) being the new Valley KIA car and Eric Stewart/ Justin Barry in the older Nordic boats car. We were all hoping for a clean, problem free race as I blew a motor 40miles into V2R last month and Eric had issues with with his ECU just days before this race that he was able to get fixed at the very last minute. I qualified the car in 1st and Eric qualified in 6th! The first lap of the race was some of the worst dust we have ever driven through having so many trucks start in front of us, but we were able to push through it and stay in the physical lead. After the first lap our team told us that we were running 1st and 2nd with a decent lead on the rest of the field! I think the whole team had goosebumps hearing that as we prep both cars in the same shop side-by-side! We stayed in the same positions for the rest of the race and walked away with some $$$ and cool hardware thanks to Weddle! Again, we want to thank MORE for putting on such a fun race!

And for anyone who says Mid-Engine cars don't work, we have 5 wins and 8 podiums between both cars in the last year!!;)

📷 @JTM
View attachment 218251
View attachment 218252
View attachment 218253View attachment 218254
You guys smoked us all! great job, ESMotorsports website probably been blowing up all week

Fourstroker

Reaction

📷 @JTM
View attachment 218251
View attachment 218252
View attachment 218253View attachment 218254
congrats . You guys were on the pipe for sure

Offroad.jw

Reaction
Not exactly sure. But from what I heard and understand, they cut from the pits back out to the course without passing the MORE trailer. Was told the gps didnt include that part of the track..?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Not exactly sure. But from what I heard and understand, they cut from the pits back out to the course without passing the MORE trailer. Was told the gps didnt include that part of the track..?
Ya they didnt pass through the Start/Finish. They missed the drivers meeting I guess where they said you had to cut right and not follow the GPS only at that spot.

Jeffers909

Reaction
To clear things up a bit, there were multiple rule violations on the first and second lap that resulted in black flag and a penalty served at start/finish. Bypassing start/finish on the first lap was at the very bottom of that list. Driver was unhappy with penalty and chose to retire from the race.

Last edited: