PCI Race Radios banned from LOORRS

bajafox

Accepted
Am I the only one wondering why you need race radios at a short course race? Lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

dan200

#BSF200
Am I the only one wondering why you need race radios at a short course race? Lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Driver to spotter, spotter to race opps, race opps to course workers, helmets, and then there's visors, tear offs, head and neck restraints. Gloves. It's not just radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan200

#BSF200
PCI and SDHQ had trailers at Parker. We made purchases from both of them. If BITD excludes them in the future, then yes -- no more BITD for me.
Thank you for shopping with us. SDHQ has a great relationship with BITD and we are scheduled to be at every event they have. We did miss the UTV world championships tech however this was only because the date overlapped with battle at primm. But right after primm tech was over we had our operations director head from primm to that event to run some parts down there for some racers.

The big rig stayed at primm all weekend and I did close the doors on the trailer BUT I never really closed. I was pulled out of the tree bar to help racers twice before midnight Friday night and my apologies to to the guy who knocked on the motor home at 6 am sat morning and had to see me in my boxers so he could get a couple of plumbing fittings.
The same thing happened Sunday morning but this time I had sweat pants on at least and the racer need heims. Both went on to finish their heats that weekend and SDHQ is proud to be a part of that success.

I tell everyone that if the vendor trailer is on site, I'm "open". It might not look like it but I am. SDHQ isn't getting rich running a race support program. We are simply there so that everyone can get to the starting line on race day.

bajafox

Accepted
Driver to spotter, spotter to race opps, race opps to course workers, helmets, and then there's visors, tear offs, head and neck restraints. Gloves. It's not just radios.

Nothing against PCI or any other race radio provider, but there has to be a better way to communicate within a 2 mile radius. I hate to compare this to NASCAR, but when I used to go, you could rent a hand held radio with built in video to view from the inside of your favorite race car driver, and listen in on their frequency. Just seems to me that short course is using dinosaur type communications for such a small area to cover.

biggjim

Who's to say that was Lucas Oils decision? To my Knowledge Rugged was not allowed to attend L/O events when PCI was the L/O supplier.

dan200

#BSF200
Nothing against PCI or any other race radio provider, but there has to be a better way to communicate within a 2 mile radius. I hate to compare this to NASCAR, but when I used to go, you could rent a hand held radio with built in video to view from the inside of your favorite race car driver, and listen in on their frequency. Just seems to me that short course is using dinosaur type communications for such a small area to cover.
It's not like what you think. It's handhelds adapted to headsets and handhelds adapted to wired helmets for the most part. And then there's the course worker systems and race opps systems.

bajafox

Accepted
It's not like what you think. It's handhelds adapted to headsets and handhelds adapted to wired helmets for the most part. And then there's the course worker systems and race opps systems.
I get that part, but with such a small area to cover it wouldn't surprise me if some day these cars will have built in skype and communicate over WiFi

BANNED4LIFE

I forgot there was a short course specific forum, haven't been around in a while. When did they let you back in???? jajajaja
hahahaha, that's pretty funny right there "i forgot", hahahaha....I totally understand the attempt to undermine your competitor (rugged) but to totally BASH the company (lucas) you WANT to be involved with???? ...too much rocky mountain air turned your brain to mush or what????

BigBlue&Goldie

Ever since Ragged pulled that crap with the domain name, I won't buy a thing from them. Why would I want to start a business relationship with a company that uses blatant deception as a marketing tactic?

FWIW, PCI went through my car and tuned the radio and diagnosed/fixed a broken wire this week.........for free.

Also, SDHQ got my business for a new HNR.......unfortunately, not for free :(!

sweetdevil

hahahaha, that's pretty funny right there "i forgot", hahahaha....I totally understand the attempt to undermine your competitor (rugged) but to totally BASH the company (lucas) you WANT to be involved with???? ...too much rocky mountain air turned your brain to mush or what????
I know it's not my style to be negative - but I've never dealt with such disrespect for business relations as I have with Lucas. You are incorrect - we don't want to be involved with Lucas. I'm very disappointed we can't support our racers but after the way we (and many others) have been treated I do not wish to continue a relationship with a company that uses such poor ethics.

I do want racers to know why we won't be there and I also want them to know why they won't see as many contingency awards this year. Lucas is charging $2,500 in an administration fee, just for offering a contingency award to a racer. It was $250 years past and even then I thought it was ridiculous. These tactics only hurt the racers.

This was not posted to undermine competitors. I believe in free market and I didn't even mention who, there are other communication providers out there. Some fans turned into a bashing thread, but that wasn't my intention. And no, we didn't have a short course forum 10 years ago. I never read anything other than General (which I guess in now Desert) if it bugs you, ask an admin to move it, doesn't bother me any.

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

I know it's not my style to be negative - but I've never dealt with such disrespect for business relations as I have with Lucas. You are incorrect - we don't want to be involved with Lucas. I'm very disappointed we can't support our racers but after the way we (and many others) have been treated I do not wish to continue a relationship with a company that uses such poor ethics.

I do want racers to know why we won't be there and I also want them to know why they won't see as many contingency awards this year. Lucas is charging $2,500 in an administration fee, just for offering a contingency award to a racer. It was $250 years past and even then I thought it was ridiculous. These tactics only hurt the racers.

This was not posted to undermine competitors. I believe in free market and I didn't even mention who, there are other communication providers out there. Some fans turned into a bashing thread, but that wasn't my intention. And no, we didn't have a short course forum 10 years ago. I never read anything other than General (which I guess in now Desert) if it bugs you, ask an admin to move it, doesn't bother me any.
my bad, I didn't realize you DIDNT want to be at the lucas races selling THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars in product.....again, my bad, BASH away.....

sweetdevil

my bad, I didn't realize you DIDNT want to be at the lucas races selling THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars in product.....again, my bad, BASH away.....
For 4 months I tried to renew our agreement. Ritchie would not return my phone calls or emails. After I asked Jennifer what the cost was to attend, not as a sponsor, but as a contingency vendor - Ritchie finally emailed me back (this was yesterday) saying another supplier was NOW official and exclusive and we could not be onsite for sales OR service. It was crystal clear and no door left open for negotiations.

I'm not sure why you think we could still be at these races selling HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of dollars in hand held radios and shields after that response?

If a sanctioning body told you that Trophylite was an exclusive sponsor of the series and Bajalite trucks could not compete in the series - I would be very surprised to not see you online posting up the details of that arrangement and why you and your racers could not be there to support - and your discontent with how it went down.

biggjim

That would be incorrect. They were allowed to be there, and they were.

I guess i was Misinformed then. I was at half the SoCal regionals last year....and asked why they were not in attendance. I was told that L/O's only allowed PCI as they were the L/O radio supplier.

BHollander

In my opinion the other communication company has piss poor business ethics. PCI Race Radios has a customer for life from the peer fact that they have always supported me whether it was a last minute repair in Baja day of the race or Weatherman towing me and my co driver out at Parker in 2012 after a DNF and nobody else from BITD being able to get to us for 6 hours or a long tiring 2010 Baja 1000 after being awake for 36 hours and listening to the Weatherman and team making sure no one was left on the coarse in Baja. PCI is a very stand up company with high quality equipment that they sell and they will prevail. As far as Rugged Radios business tactics of give everything away and burn as many bridges in the process as possible and move as much china crap as possible before crap really hits the fan I believe they are getting this job done. Let me ask a question If you were at the starting line with a radio or GPS problem who would you want there? PCI or Rugged? My answer is PCI Race Radios all day long.

As for Pete sometimes you have had good points but your comments on this thread are pointless clearly you have a problem PCI and I don't know why nor do I care but put your self in their shoes as a business owner and I am sure you will see the frustration. And remember this was not the first shady thing Rugged has done to PCI either.
Quick question Pete since I know you have had some DNF's have you or your team ever been helped by Weatherman? And if so did that ever cost you a single dollar?

Oh ya didn't the shady company of Rugged also high jack the los campeones channel as well? One that has been in place for how many years?

How many pics have they photo shopped PCI stickers off of?

They will never make a single dollar from me and I would never accept any crap from them free or not.

Thank you for all you guys do for us as racers and all the money you guys spend traveling to races to support PCI Race Radios.

az_amsoil

I've dealt with both PCI and Rugged in the past and have been happy with both. Personally, I've benefited more from Weatherman in Baja than any Rugged product I've owned, so my support will go PCI way. The way PCI was dealt with by LOORS seems to be the bigger issue, rather than Rugged being the "exclusive" provider of comms. Did Rugged "force" this position? I don't know, BUT based on history, I wouldn't put it past them. They are doing what they feel is best for them. How the deal works out in the long run will tell if it was a good or bad decision. I applaud SDHQ in their support for PCI and decision to pull out of the national event. I too will not attend either of the two national events in Arizona, but I'll support the regional series. Time for some SDHQ & PCI swag for the Mint 400!