PCI Radios 50th SNORE 250 Feb 15-16

snoreracer

Reaction
I will be racing a 1972 gambler vw in the 50th annual SNORE 250 any other vintage cars want to run

Fourstroker

Reaction
Is that at Saddleback Kenny??

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Cool ride. Is that the one you are running? Looks like a funco short back Bandido or Hi-jumper Ascot. Is the one you're racing going to be a swinger? I have a 1976 Hi-jumper Ascot 2 I have been restoring. Would be cool to get similar suspension style cars out together.

CFreeLV

Reaction
She's a swinger. Car is being restored as close as possible to the last time it raced. This was my grandmothers car she raced in the 70's back when powderpuff was its own class and ran the normal schedule. Car has sat idle for the last 40 years. I've probably got over 100 hours in that seat play racing as a kid so it will be surreal to be able to take it for a spin once it's complete!

Car will be legal for NORRA's Pioneer Era (1967 - 1975):
o Characterized by early Burros and original Stroppes
o 2” shocks, 33” max tire size, swing axle buggies (35” tire for trucks)

IMG_2021.jpg

Cool ride. Is that the one you are running? Looks like a funco short back Bandido or Hi-jumper Ascot. Is the one you're racing going to be a swinger? I have a 1976 Hi-jumper Ascot 2 I have been restoring. Would be cool to get similar suspension style cars out together.

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Are those Sportser seats? I can't get 2 regular suspension seats into my chassis but sportsters fit. If you weigh more than 150 pounds, with 2 in there, it must look like an MMA fight when bouncing around. I always look at this picture and wonder how they survived.

Attachments

y2kbaja

Reaction
So what kind of general rules we talking here? swing axle VW with power steering ok? I have a legal class 9 vintage but with power steering (because I feel old) and a 36mm Delorto Carb (to get it to run)

y2kbaja

Reaction
And is the total entry total $500 for this class?

snoreracer

Reaction
Here are the SNORE rules for vintage racing

CLASS 2 / NOSTALGIA OPEN WHEEL – UNLIMITED VEHICLE MUST HAVE BEEN BUILT BEFORE 1992 UNLIMITED SINGLE AND TWO SEAT VEHICLES GENERAL REGULATIONS Entrants in this class shall comply with all applicable general regulations COMPETITION REGULATIONS This is an open class and all components will be considered open unless it says otherwise in these rules. Vehicle must have documented proof that it was built before 1992 Note: The SCR abbreviations listed under this class refer to cross reference listings in the front of this book. These cross referenced listings are part of the class rules. Where a conflict occurs between the cross referenced listing and a rule contained under this class, the rule contained under this class has precedence

snoreracer

Reaction
Looking at those pics- Is that power steering?
Yes on power steering , it is 96 in wheelbase link pin front end with 8in shocks. the back is swing axle with 12in shocks with a 1776 pump gas and a zeith carb, the seats are rpi small, some things I am still looking for 12" or 10" old style fox shocks not the blue tops and a tri phase air cleaner

snoreracer

Reaction
here is the map of the 1st SNORE 250 , the start was at Tropicana and rainbow now the home of the Spanish trail county club
1970SNORE250Map.jpg

BajaTriumph

Reaction
Snoreracer. Is our 1970 Manx Baja Tow’d legal for vintage? Factory Manx, with Cl10 type full roll cage, fuel cell, +3 link-pin, +3 IRS, type1 1835 DP, single Weber, type 1 IRS transaxle, 4 coil-over Fox’s w/ reservoirs. What race numbers for this class? Thanks

Attachments

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I think the coilovers preclude it for most of the vintage classes. Not sure how SNORE would differentiate the pre 1982 cars from the pre 1992 cars if they ever had enough to worry about it. I hope it becomes a problem!

snoreracer

Reaction
Snoreracer. Is our 1970 Manx Baja Tow’d legal for vintage? Factory Manx, with Cl10 type full roll cage, fuel cell, +3 link-pin, +3 IRS, type1 1835 DP, single Weber, type 1 IRS transaxle, 4 coil-over Fox’s w/ reservoirs. What race numbers for this class? Thanks
I would say yes, there were coil overs on 1992 cars so I would say you are OK .