Peeing While Driving

Zac Reish

Reaction
I'm not expecting much to come from talking about this but why not ask? I have a problem relaxing and peeing on a rough course to the point where I either need to stop and pull over or get out of the car due to the pain. I have been able to pee on a smooth graded road in a speed zone but even that at times has been hit or miss. My buddy can pee in any condition with ease so I know its possible. I've worn catheters with success but outside of staging its been hit or miss trying to pee. It seems that sitting down with your legs squeezed together and the kink that occurs in the piss tube of the catheter might be adding pressure to being able to push it out as easily or even being able to start peeing. If I don't get any advice I'm going to leave the catheter off to see if peeing my pants without it on is easier for me. I'm wondering if there are any methods of best practices prior to a race or any medication like flomax also. I looked into trying flomax but side affects are dizzy and drowsy. I thought I'd just ask before I try medication. I have been in severe pain because I just couldnt go. Ive talked to several people and many have been in the same boat. I dont have any problems peeing outside of a race car in case anyone is wondering.

jon coleman

Reaction
try diet, stay away from caffine& alcohol( yes, hard to do, take a leak just before race, But do all your hydration the day before& Dont drink while your racing untill you worked up a sweat, Then drink small amounts, of water only, maybe Pedialyte, worked for me, can do 2 Parker lapps no problem , 1700about 9hrs

BajaJT

Reaction
Zac..... your comment about flomax is interesting,I use it daily ( part of every day life as one gets older) don't have any problem with it, I am not a doctor but maybe because you take it occasenly and I take it daily, there is a different reactions, I suggest you speak to your Doc, maybe you should try taking it a week before a race and see if you if you have the same side effects.

E motorsports

Reaction
I never could do it either
i talked to a doctor friend who also raced off road and the silver bullet is nothing, absolutely nothing by mouth (liquids or solids) after 9 pm the night before.
then wake up race day morn do your normal wake up piss and your good to go. ( kind of like prepping for surgery)
it has worked for me since the 1990's
my son has pissed his suit during a race (no cath) and got a rash with 150 miles to go said it was terrible and affected his focus just as bad as a full bladder does

Zambo

Reaction
They did a study where they put a bunch of people in a place with no bathroom and gave them a bunch of water to drink and told them to pee their pants. As soon as they peed their pants, they could disrobe, take a shower, and put on fresh clothes. All they had to do was just pee their pants and their agony would be over. Half the people couldn't do it. A lifetime of training yourself not to pee your pants is pretty hard for some folks to overcome. I have worn a catheter more times than I can count and have never been able to use it.

I do however manage to schyt my pants about once a year whether I want to or not.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
1623338360752.png

IRONGOOK

Reaction
DEPENDS! I don't like catheters. So I use Depends. Adult diapers work for me. I agree, pissing in the rough stuff is hard to do. I usually wait for a smooth section. Also try and steady yourself by pushing against the floorboard and the seat. it seem less movement helps.

Rprice

Reaction
I'm not expecting much to come from talking about this but why not ask? I have a problem relaxing and peeing on a rough course to the point where I either need to stop and pull over or get out of the car due to the pain. I have been able to pee on a smooth graded road in a speed zone but even that at times has been hit or miss. My buddy can pee in any condition with ease so I know its possible. I've worn catheters with success but outside of staging its been hit or miss trying to pee. It seems that sitting down with your legs squeezed together and the kink that occurs in the piss tube of the catheter might be adding pressure to being able to push it out as easily or even being able to start peeing. If I don't get any advice I'm going to leave the catheter off to see if peeing my pants without it on is easier for me. I'm wondering if there are any methods of best practices prior to a race or any medication like flomax also. I looked into trying flomax but side affects are dizzy and drowsy. I thought I'd just ask before I try medication. I have been in severe pain because I just couldnt go. Ive talked to several people and many have been in the same boat. I dont have any problems peeing outside of a race car in case anyone is wondering.
Are you over weight? Seat angle and some FUPA pushing down helped by belts can stop all flow... add a 2nd bypass tube

Zac Reish

Reaction
They did a study where they put a bunch of people in a place with no bathroom and gave them a bunch of water to drink and told them to pee their pants. As soon as they peed their pants, they could disrobe, take a shower, and put on fresh clothes. All they had to do was just pee their pants and their agony would be over. Half the people couldn't do it. A lifetime of training yourself not to pee your pants is pretty hard for some folks to overcome. I have worn a catheter more times than I can count and have never been able to use it.

I do however manage to schyt my pants about once a year whether I want to or not.
Damn just once? I got you beat!!

Zac Reish

Reaction
Are you over weight? Seat angle and some FUPA pushing down helped by belts can stop all flow... add a 2nd bypass tube
Fupa is not the problem.
Good advice in here. I'm going to take the no liquids after 9pm advice, pee in the am, wear the catheter just in case in staging for the butterflies, and hammer down. It should be an improvement as I dont even try to change my eating or drinking habits leading up to race day. Can I still eat breakfast? Sick stomach or having to go number 2 has never been an issue or even crossed my mind in a race. I might try the flomax if its still an issue after my next race. Thank you guys!

E motorsports

Reaction
so after hydrating well days before then nothing by mouth after 9 pm the night before
i wake up pee then eat oatmeal for breakfast and 1 cup off coffee and drink a lot during the race but have no need to pee

mike_osborn

Reaction
so after hydrating well days before then nothing by mouth after 9 pm the night before
i wake up pee then eat oatmeal for breakfast and 1 cup off coffee and drink a lot during the race but have no need to pee
You can also cut salt and carbs starting 5-7 days before the race. Then, the night before the race, reintroduce both salt and carbs to your diet. Cutting them will make you pee a lot the days before the race. Reintroducing them after your have rid your body of them will help you retain water during the race. Once you get used to doing this, you'll be better hydrated than cutting water the night before. That's a bad recipe from a hydration perspective for summer races.

Also, when you drink on race day, drink a little bit at a time. I recently put a Fluid Logic (made by the MagLock guys) system in my truck. It makes taking little sips during the race SO easy. A little at a time makes me piss WAY less.

Zac Reish

Reaction
You can also cut salt and carbs starting 5-7 days before the race. Then, the night before the race, reintroduce both salt and carbs to your diet. Cutting them will make you pee a lot the days before the race. Reintroducing them after your have rid your body of them will help you retain water during the race. Once you get used to doing this, you'll be better hydrated than cutting water the night before. That's a bad recipe from a hydration perspective for summer races.

Also, when you drink on race day, drink a little bit at a time. I recently put a Fluid Logic (made by the MagLock guys) system in my truck. It makes taking little sips during the race SO easy. A little at a time makes me piss WAY less.
10-4 thank you Mike. Great stuff!!

McCredie A

Reaction

For the night before when reintroducing carbs and salt, what do you shoot to intake? I am mostly wondering if you take salt tablet or just let a normal diet does the trick.

Thanks!

mike_osborn

Reaction
For the night before when reintroducing carbs and salt, what do you shoot to intake? I am mostly wondering if you take salt tablet or just let a normal diet does the trick.

Thanks!
I'm sure there's a science to it, but I heavily salt my food and put about a tablespoon in a glass with some sort of flavored juice and chug it. It tastes like poop but does the trick. I do the same thing the next morning. Salt tablets will do the trick...just never had them on hand and got used to this.

E.Hagle

Reaction
You need to relax your core, loosen your Ass muscles up, try to slump a little and do not focus on the fact that it’s so difficult to pee.

For me it’s been so simple that I’m able to wait for long right hand sweepers so it flows out and away from the corider.

You’ll get the hang of it. Like anything, don’t overthink it and get stage fright. People went to the moon, Lewis and Clark walked across the god dam country, you can pee in the car. We believe in you.

JerryB

Reaction
I always take a few extra minutes, in a seated position when putting on the catheter, ensuring my routing along the leg has no kinks, use a few small pieces of tape to secure it to my leg right where it it looks best and then pull up the suit. Even with this careful fitting, I too have issues going through the rough sections.....it's mental. What works for me is, when I know we're coming up on a planned stop, I start prepping in my head a few miles in advance telling myself "I'm going to pee" so when I do actually stop for that fuel stop, I'm ready mentally to let it go. Seems to work for me