• Forum membership has its advantages....

PEER Vidro

Paige

Hey folks - there is a video we all need to watch located at www.peer.org</A>. They went out to glamis to film and only used staged shots or cut and edited to make the shots they had seem bad. One person who is in the video spent over 2 hours with the film crew showing them how members from ASA do things, how people ride extra - of that 2 hours they used 4.5 seconds of that footage. They instead propogandized the thing with whatever they could. So check it out - it will make you made - oh yeah and Mr. Patterson is interviewed on the video as well - you can see and hear him speak...quite a treat. Patterson was recently quoted as calling ASA a bunch of corporate backed extremists.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

BradM

Paige,

Do you have a more complete link? I looked for it on the PEER home page but couldn't find the link and I was getting tired of reading all of their propoganda. A direct link to the video would be cool.

Thanks, Brad

There's no such thing as "good enough"

Paige

Well I am working on it - I saw the video live, but was told that peer was the spot - I will let you know what I find out.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

sirhk100

This page has a link to it but I'm not sure for how long cause he changes it often.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.usaplaza.com/thechurch/>http://www.usaplaza.com/thechurch/</A>

Khris

BradM

Thanks for the link. It looks like exactly what you would expect from our grass lickin' friends. They make every attempt to show the worst extreme segment of the sport. They even go so far as to say that Glamis provides an unsafe environment for families. I don't know about you all but most of the people that I know who ride do so as a family activity. I think the same can be said of desert racing. Hell, I spent more time in the dunes as a kid than any other kind of activity.

It just makes me want to fight that much more.

There's no such thing as "good enough"

martininsocal

propaganda. i bet they did their first viewing while lounging in their redwood hottubs o their redwood decks next to their cedar shingled homes carved into a mountainside in the forest! as for mr. pattersons line about returning to our herritage in the dunes, people traversed them mr. patterson. first on foot, then on horseback, then by wheeled wagon, today by wheeled vehicle. shifting sands are places where the native americans set up permanent residence, anywhere on this continent. the dunes are places they visited, for recreation no less. sand food, pismo clams, etc... were considered things to eat, not preserve.

If your gonna go, go BIG